What’s the ideal breakfast? (Surf related because of nutrition, staying healthy to surf, etc)

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Not restricted to breakfast sandwiches this time.

Eggs and bacon, oatmeal, granola, black coffee,fruit, cereal, avocado toast, tofu scramble, pork roll egg and cheese?

wha the proper breakfast for maintaining health, proper nutrition, and a healthy weight?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
coffee, then burrito (sandwich) after surf. you'll be the picture of health in no time. but as often as you north east coasters get actual waves it may be irrelevant.

Reactions: dunnder

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Whatever gets you 25-30+ grams of protein in the morning.

For me it’s usually a cup of Greek yogurt, some berries and a kiwi, and 2 eggs over medium. With black coffee, of course. I’ll swap the yogurt for oatmeal made with milk a few days a week to break up the monotony.

Went back to making yogurt in the instant pot again, then straining it to make Greek yogurt. Turns out nearly all yogurts have bacteria that worsen histamine symptoms, which I struggle with. Used a probiotic pill (with the right strains) as a starter and it worked.

Reactions: Havoc and Ifallalot

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I do coffee with honey and organic cows milk. Protein shake made from brown rice and peas with a banana and berries. I have a big breakfast after surf usually with eggs and bagel and bacon every now and then. If I had a long session, another protein shake. I have a snack around 2pm. Then a light dinner.

Reactions: Havoc

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I do coffee with honey and organic cows milk. Protein shake made from brown rice and peas with a banana and berries. I have a big breakfast after surf usually with eggs and bagel and bacon every now and then. If I had a long session, another protein shake. I have a snack around 2pm. Then a light dinner.
No wonder you’re so fat.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Everything organic.

Coffee, no sugar, 1/2 & 1/2

Oatmeal with walnuts & blueberries or cherries is my go-to. Maybe an egg or two. Good until noon.

Lunch is a smoothie with protein powder, banana, greens, broccoli sprouts, probiotics, flax meal, collagen powder, 4 oz pomegranate juice.

Maybe green tea or yerba mate around 2pm if needed.

Decent dinner with the family.

Reactions: Yewstreet and gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
When you are a douche to me, I'm a douche to you. It's simple. I put a pic of you and your wife up hours ago in the politics section. you put up the pic of me and my wife and compare us to cartoon characters, I put pics of you up. Take ours down and ill do the same.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
When you are a douche to me, I'm a douche to you. It's simple. I put a pic of you and your wife up hours ago in the politics section. you put up the pic of me and my wife and compare us to cartoon characters, I put pics of you up. Take ours down and ill do the same.
No YOU put up a pic of YOU and your wife.

And YOU put a pic of me.

You can decide for YOU to put up pics of you. You don’t get to decide for ME to put up pics of me.

Delete em.