What’s the going rate for Mexican Blankets?

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I need some new ones. The new puppy likes putting holes in them.

Alot of people don’t realize that the traditional Mexican blanket is the perfect couch cover and blanket. They perfected the breathable weave...not too hot...not too cold...Woobbie!

My bartering skills are covered in rust.

What’s the going rate these days?

Also since we are stuck in line...how much are Chiclets?

Those cool led balls on a stick are sorta cool...quanto questa?

Jesus is still a big seller...not sure why anyone would buy a blanket with a chick sporting a unibrow tho...?

My favorite purchase from back in the day was a three foot sailing/mast ship I gave to my brother for christmas...he thought it was quite cool.

SFKneelo

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 11, 2003
Bay Area
Visit site

Alot of people don’t realize that the traditional Mexican blanket is the perfect couch cover and blanket. They perfected the breathable weave...not too hot...not too cold...Woobbie!

Jesus is still a big seller...not sure why anyone would buy a blanket with a chick sporting a unibrow tho...?

My favorite purchase from back in the day was a three foot sailing/mast ship I gave to my brother for christmas...he thought it was quite cool.
With absolutely no connection to your profile pic, what’s the scoop on how much/how easy it is to buy the ceramic surfing monkey (Chango?)

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I was in TJ yesterday and my cousin suddenly wanted a Mexican blanket, right before we were walking back across. There was a lady with a stand and a minimal selection... she was asking $10 I think and my cousin didn't bite. I'm sure you could get cheaper away from the border.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Flexing my Google muscles... unless you are near the border or plan on visiting Mex soon... it's not a bad deal starting at $12.99... just one of many sites pimping Mex blankets. I have no affiliation with this site. It was next to the Wal-Mart link and they can go pound sand.

They are a rarity these days. On par with a dwarf touch.

Mine came from the inner depths of the Rosarito mercado.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Flexing my Google muscles... unless you are near the border or plan on visiting Mex soon... it's not a bad deal starting at $12.99... just one of many sites pimping Mex blankets. I have no affiliation with this site. It was next to the Wal-Mart link and they can go pound sand.

:D

Yo Senior------------------> I can get those blankets from North Carolina with free shipping for $12.99..
...Or if I buy 10 - 19 they are $7.19 each

Chinga Global Economy.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
We bought ours in Pismo last year for $10 a piece and Senor Lopez style pullovers were $12.99. You can get them at any of the little beach shops above the pier.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I reckon they are all made in China. You can find them stateside for $10. Most places under that price point, on either side of the border, are going to likely be pulling them from the same containers.

I'm sure as the quality goes up, this starts to change.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
A side question for those in Monterey Bay area....

On Hwy 1, south of Aptos, north of Monterey, on the west side of Hwy 1, there is a large "Mexican store"...a store filled with all things one typically would find at tourist stores in TJ.

Where exactly is it? Or does it exist any longer? Is it really on Hwy 1 or am I remembering it wrong?

Have some friends from the Midwest coming to town and they want to hit the aquarium in Monterey and I know they would dig an El Barto statue or something else....am thinking they could find such a white elephant there.

I want say it is just past 152 in Watsonville, but alas, just can't recal, and these are not the people who can just be told "Drive down 1 past Aptos, it will be on the right, you can't miss it."

Much thanks for possible help. Will take humorous remark if direct answer is unavailable.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I don't seem to see them much lately but then again I'm not really looking hard. I still have a heavy duty one I bought years ago that goes with my car camping. Love it.

Don't see too many surf monkeys lately either ;( Still holding on to my 20 plus year old surf monkey that's fading in the backyard.

On that note, I saw an amazing michael jackson impersonator in downtown Mexicali over thanksgiving. Like a really good impersonation.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Have a couple from the 80's. Nice blankets. Cheap. Also a killer woven Pancho, Clint stylee.

"There are two kings of people in this world"

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig"
"You dig"

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Basically a Brixton model.

Or an Australian kid at a music festival. But instead of a revolver, he's holding a cell phone/Jim Beam can and instead of a cigar, it's a juul
:ROFLMAO:
These trends really do transcend borders. Remember when concertgoers used to hold up lighters? Now they just hold up their phones :sick:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
:ROFLMAO:
These trends really do transcend borders. Remember when concertgoers used to hold up lighters? Now they just hold up their phones :sick:
The one time I went to Ozzfest, Ozzy told the crowd to pull their lighters out, and if he saw one fucking cell phone he was going to kill someone.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I feel like this entire thread is people talking in a code I don't understand