Wetsuit repair?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Ripped a large section on the shoulder/inner bib of my 5 mil, suit still has some life so want to get it fixed right. Anybody know a place I can ship it to because I am in NJ and don't know of anyone who does it local?

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Won't need a 5mm around here for a while.

Agree that manufacturer is best bet - even if out of warranty. A lot of times they'll just fix it. If not, they're usually pretty reasonable with repair charges. Shipping wetsuits is probably more expensive than you think - and cost of 3rd party repair might make the whole thing too much to be worth it.

For local places, the Patagonia shop in NYC had an on-site repair shop that was pretty cool. I think they took other manufacturers stuff. Assume that's out for a little but it was probably the best local option.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I believe he’s in Jersey. Best to try the manufacturer first and other alternatives second. He didn’t mention the make or if he’s got any back up suits to use in the meantime.
I agree but he asked for a place to ship it to, so I gave him one as an option. Also, this shop actually does the repairs for some of the brands... remember, most are manufactured overseas.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
It is a Billabong, will try them first. Thanks for all the suggestions.