West Virginia vs EPA

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
That doesn't mean that it's correct -or that the constitution should never be changed. an 'environment' does not begin or end at state lines

The right to outlaw free enterprise does end at state lines.

The reason why the Obama 2 administration is holding its breath and shutting down the energy and chemical industries it regulates is the abject DISASTERS created by the Obama 1 administration. They include the EPA's killing of the Animas River and the largest petroleum disaster in American history, Deepwater Horizon. The Obama administrations are attempting to govern highly technological operations using bungling woke karens .....and they know it.

Reactions: Havoc

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

The reason why the Obama 2 administration is holding its breath and shutting down the energy and chemical industries it regulates is the abject DISASTERS created by the Obama 1 administration. They include the EPA's killing of the Animas River and the largest petroleum disaster in American history, Deepwater Horizon. The Obama administrations are attempting to govern highly technological operations using bungling woke karens .....and they know it.
Seems like a good reason to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
What a cute strawman.

Not fucking up the environment doesn't mean outlawing free enterprise.

You can't sh!t on the environment and ruin things for the rest of us in the name of profit.

That's not in the Constitution.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Seems like a good reason to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels.

Conversely it's a reason to stop hiring bungling woke karens and to divest our federal government of its regulatory authority. Our military is unable to even approach its recruiting quotas because nobody who is competent will work for Brandon.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

always with the lies and the totally idiotic conspiracy theories

the producers cut costs and screwed the entire fkn gulf of mexico and this trump chugging moron blames obama for it

cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I had a 29 year old latina gagging on my dick last night so I'm not too worried about the irrational blonde who was not a keeper anyway. :nana:
Hope you told her about all the herpes she will get to enjoy for the rest of her life.

Also, as a government employee, your insane rant about the "unelected" EPA government employees, is pretty fucking comical.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I had a 29 year old latina gagging on my dick last night so I'm not too worried about the irrational blonde who was not a keeper anyway. :nana:
hey guys I have sex with girls

this guy is such a fkn wiener

• Haha
Reactions: CutnSnip

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Go read the Constitution. If its not in the Constitution its up to the states.
Article 1, Section 8: [The Congress shall have Power] "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Virtually all electric power generated in America goes on some sort of multi-state power grid, hence, interstate commerce.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
They include the EPA's killing of the Animas River and the largest petroleum disaster in American history.....
Yeah, that was a monumental screw-up after decades of problematic mine leaks and (apparent?) lack of proper remediation.

Yet now with some time, perhaps the river is on the mend, or so one could conclude after reading this (full story here).

Blurb:

A crew working to clean up the Gold King Mine on Aug. 5, 2015, triggered the now-infamous spill while clearing dirt from a tunnel. The crew believed the water in the tunnel to be only 5 feet high behind the dirt, when a small stream of water started flowing from the top of the dirt wall, an on-scene investigator told The Durango Herald the day after the spill.
The crew got out before the water started gushing, avoiding what one witness told the Herald was the “filthiest yellow-mustard water you’ve ever seen.”

The spill washed through Durango in about three days and had limited environmental impact, said Scott Roberts, aquatic ecologist and water programs director with Mountain Studies Institute, a nonprofit that tracks the river’s health.

“The damage had already been done, not just from mining, from years of drought and from other stressors, low water, high temperatures [and] in some cases excessive nutrients,” he said.

But the community didn’t know what lasting harm the spill could bring, and it left residents clamoring for action to clean up the mines, said state Rep. Barbara McLachlan, D- Durango.

The outcry overcame the resistance to Superfund designation in Silverton that was staunch for decades.

Now seven years after the spill, the EPA has made minimal progress toward addressing pollution, said Peter Butler, chairman for the site’s community advisory group.

The agency has put in a temporary water treatment plant at the Gold King mine to address the polluted water from that one mine, and it is in the process of cleaning up dispersed camping areas with high lead content, he said.
But the agency has not addressed the single-largest discharger of metals in the basin, the Red and Bonita mine, he said. The agency could plug up the mine or treat water draining from the Red and Bonita in the water-treatment plant set up for the Gold King. The agency has told citizens it doesn’t want to treat water from the Red and Bonita, because the staff doesn’t want to generate more sludge when they don’t have a place to store it, he said.

A new sludge storage area could be open in two years, but the agency has not released plans to remediate the Red and Bonita, he said.

“I do think things will get done. It’s just going to take a long time and an enormous amount of money,” he said.
The EPA said in written responses it has tested plugging the mine with a bulkhead to stop water from draining and plans to consider that as a solution to stop the mine from polluting the watershed in the future based on further study.
The agency also noted it is close to completing work on six of the 23 sites that are at risk of sudden events that would degrade water quality. For example, the agency improved a pond where metals collect instead of running down into the watershed. It has also rerouted water around waste rock at one mine and plans to do that in more areas, the statement said.
When the work is finished, Butler expects the

Attachments

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Yet now with some time, perhaps the river is on the mend

If nature can so easily overcome environmental disasters then maybe we should stop walking like the erf is made of eggs. What's sauce for you and the EPA should be sauce for the businesses you demonize.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Oh yeah! I almost forgot about the third Obama/Biden technological disaster, the Obama/Biden FAA's oversight of the Boeing 737 Max design and construction. These idiots shouldn't let anyone associated with them even pick up a spoon.