We'll miss you so much Greg - RIP Greg Griffin

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I sparred with Griffy as much as the next poster here. I didn't care for his online persona... just as many don't care for mine. Whatever - it doesn't matter. Most of us are closer to death than birth.

He had a violent death and that shakes me - even though I never met him, rode one of his boards, or surfed his fins.

We can take solace in the fact that he had a full life and touched many lives. Many on here can vouch for his kindness, dedication, generosity, and passion to making the best boards and fins.

Greg was a world class shaper who educated us all on some level and this place will never be the same without him.
Rest Easy Mr. Griffin.

Deep condolences to his family.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
how about you go blow a goat? lol. that's exactly something i would have said to GG. damn man, i'll never spar with him again. this really sucks.

And then would have had some sort of reference to a different design style than his just to **** him off.

I definitely will miss you two going at it. it really sucks.

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
damn. i know i talked more crap to him than he deserved, but i hope deep down he knew i was joking. most of the time. i may have gone overboard, in fact i'm sure i did, but gg was one of us, and that dude will be missed. we had some epic arguments, and then everything just settled down. i remember at an AB3, he handed me a board and i just laughed. i wasn't gonna ride it in front of all of you. now, i wish i had. i actually heard some good reports about them. he didn't get to where was as a shaper by being a hack. he was a craftsman, a bike rider, a surfer, a father, a husband, so many more things. i'm pissed at myself and gutted. gg was always up for a joust. his flagrant self promotion was legendary. he always stayed true to himself, and i respect that. it's horrible that he went out the way he did. life is short man. fook!!! rip gg, you were a worthy foe, and i did consider you a friend. in erBB terms, i was stocked to have been here with you.
Too bad he didn't hear your last sentence. Instead, he only knew you because of the abuse you sent his way.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
Too bad he didn't hear your last sentence. Instead, he only knew you because of the abuse you sent his way.
you have no idea what we talked about off the erBB. it usually involved that he wasn't chandler, but there were some fun talks, too.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Maybe an " In Memoriam" forum would be nice. Where we could visit and learn and love. Otherwise these threads will just tail off wiggling in the wind shadowing the setting sun.

Reactions: Kaido and Ifallalot

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Maybe an " In Memoriam" forum would be nice. Where we could visit and learn and love. Otherwise these threads will just tail off wiggling in the wind shadowing the setting sun.
Not as long as I'm around.... :shameonyou:

Thread topper from the last 5 pages - out