Weight loss is harder than rocket science.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I used to count calories
did that for around 9 months until I was pretty stable at my goal weight
it trained me well enough that I know how much I can eat without logging it
i still use my fitness pal to track my weight, which is good, since without it I’d have no idea what I used to weigh
except the erbb official weigh in thread every thanksgiving
I put on 10 pounds in a two week period. I hurt my back so I wasn't moving and then I was eating and drinking abusivily.

It wouldn't be an issue but I'm already ten pounds over weight.

It really flipped a switch off in my brain and nervous system.

It's feels really uncomfortable carrying that extra fat.

I don't see how fat people can endure it.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Does anyone count calories?

Not eating at night is helpful too.

I had two beer last night.

But I came in under 1800 calories which is sub mantinence for me.

I kind of having to crazy when I try to loose weight.

Cocaine helps too. :waving:
Have never counted calories. Agree with the not eating at night or at least couple hours before bed.

Never done cocaine, mainly because of Len Bias, who died young because of it. Or at least that was the story, and it worked for me.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
When I started at the boxing gym years ago my rope jumping was so shitty. Kids were doing all these tricks and going so fast, I was going real slow and looking weak. The kids are all cool and positive though, so one of them was like "Unko, just jump without the rope to find you pace and that's your pace." So I jumped without the rope to see what felt natural and then used the rope to match that. I've gotten faster since and can do all the tricks, but I really just try to zone out for the 3min rounds. I put headphones on and use a free boxing app on m phone that rings with music on simultaneously. 3min on, 1min break with 10 second warning before end of round and end of break. Try to do 8 to 12 rounds every other day. Goal is to zone out and not even know what round I'm on or how much time is left in round/break - just react to warnings and buzzers.
Same with me and rope jumping, but I was boxing at Wild Card in Hollywood and people are less friendly haha.

I do 12 rounds a day on the bag, five days a week. 4 rounds heavy bag, 4 rounds double end bag, then 2 heavy bag, 2 double end bag. Pretty drenched afterwards.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Same with me and rope jumping, but I was boxing at Wild Card in Hollywood and people are less friendly haha.

I do 12 rounds a day on the bag, five days a week. 4 rounds heavy bag, 4 rounds double end bag, then 2 heavy bag, 2 double end bag. Pretty drenched afterwards.
I can only imagine the “scene” at WildCard. What is your body composition with that straight boxing workout? I assume lean and mean? Either way anyone good at throwing hands is not to be tested.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Looks like you don't need to talk about fat people in the third person anymore. :cheers:
Here is the deal.

When I look at myself in the mirror and see a fatso, I have this really intense feeling that that is not who I am.

I'm horrified and grossed out.

I'm on a roll now.

I only ate 1600 calories yesterday.

No booze all week.

So annoying!

But I am on the case now.

--fat fvck out!

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
“Here is an idea: Eat like an adult. Stop eating fast food, stop eating kid’s cereal, knock it off with all the sweets and comfort foods whenever your favorite show is not on when you want it on, ease up on the snacking and— don’t act like you don’t know this— eat vegetables and fruits more.
Really, how difficult is this? Stop with the whining. Stop with the excuses. Act like an
adult and stop eating like a television commercial.“

“Here’s my ultra-secret training diet regime: Follow Mom’s rule first!
Eat breakfast everyday
Be sure to eat three meals a day
If you’re hungry an hour or so after a meal, you didn’t eat enough protein
Water should be your major beverage
There nothing more fiber can’t cure“

Dan John

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Everyone does swear by jumping rope. After reading that most of you struggled with it at some point, I might just give it a try.
Almost 40 years of surfing and these days jumping rope feels like sticking daggers in the disks of my upper back and neck. When I was trying to drop weight the most effective thing in my humble opinion was the leg press machine. It leaves you burning calories well after the workout is over.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
“Here is an idea: Eat like an adult. Stop eating fast food, stop eating kid’s cereal, knock it off with all the sweets and comfort foods whenever your favorite show is not on when you want it on, ease up on the snacking and— don’t act like you don’t know this— eat vegetables and fruits more.
Really, how difficult is this? Stop with the whining. Stop with the excuses. Act like an
adult and stop eating like a television commercial.“

“Here’s my ultra-secret training diet regime: Follow Mom’s rule first!
Eat breakfast everyday
Be sure to eat three meals a day
If you’re hungry an hour or so after a meal, you didn’t eat enough protein
Water should be your major beverage
There nothing more fiber can’t cure“

Dan John
I agree with DJ when he says this:

I hit my weight lose target this week end.

It was a campaign.

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
i poisoned the whole family with food poisoning the other night, we all woke up around 4 AM, first time i've puked in 20 years, gnarly, felt like i was down in Mex with a good bout of the revenge, our TP stockpile took a big hit the last 48 hours, but yeah i'm looking slimmer....

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
i poisoned the whole family with food poisoning the other night, we all woke up around 4 AM, first time i've puked in 20 years, gnarly, felt like i was down in Mex with a good bout of the revenge, our TP stockpile took a big hit the last 48 hours, but yeah i'm looking slimmer....
What was the culprit? Baja stroganoff?