That 8'6" looks ready to kill.

Be safe amigo!

Reactions: Maz

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Would love to fondle that 8'6 IRL.

Webster definitely makes some of the finest looking guns around.

I agree, and not just because of new board bias.

I'm so used to my 6'10 DS, and had prepared for the 8'6 to feel a bit blobby and over-volumed. 20 1/2 and 3 1/2 sounded huge to me, even after fondling lots of guns over the years. Well, it feels sleek and elegant, and like the volume is well hidden.

I'll take it out for a paddle as soon as I can, even in just OH waves. Unfortunately my last surf ended up with two broken ribs and some bruised nerves, so patience is required :)

Edit: If I were in US, I'd be very tempted to order a gun from Rusty. They look incredible - and Rusty himself seems like a good man.

Last edited:

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I agree, and not just because of new board bias.

I'm so used to my 6'10 DS, and had prepared for the 8'6 to feel a bit blobby and over-volumed. 20 1/2 and 3 1/2 sounded huge to me, even after fondling lots of guns over the years. Well, it feels sleek and elegant, and like the volume is well hidden.

I'll take it out for a paddle as soon as I can, even in just OH waves. Unfortunately my last surf ended up with two broken ribs and some bruised nerves, so patience is required :)

Edit: If I were in US, I'd be very tempted to order a gun from Rusty. They look incredible - and Rusty himself seems like a good man.
Damn. How did that happen? That's a pretty severe surf injury.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Damn. How did that happen? That's a pretty severe surf injury.
Only HH, but a rocky spot. Smacked onto sharp rock on my back (thankfully not spine). Pure bad luck.

Been thinking of getting an impact vest, which probably would have saved the day. But realistically I wouldn't have worn it on a small day like that.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
love that 6.4!
Hopefully there’s a 6.6” version of that in the same dims in my near future!

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Only HH, but a rocky spot. Smacked onto sharp rock on my back (thankfully not spine). Pure bad luck.

Been thinking of getting an impact vest, which probably would have saved the day. But realistically I wouldn't have worn it on a small day like that.
Damn man. Heal up fast!

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
How is the 6' 4" going Maz and how does the rail shape and thickness compare with your elliptical tail Ghost? My current line of thinking is that step ups should have a rail thickness about the same as my HPSB. My reasoning is that the step up needs to be stable, so it needs at least the rail thickness of the daily HPSB so as not to be too sensitive in the inevitable surface disturbances that occur in step up conditions, on the other hand we are going faster so in order to get the desired rail control we don't need to go thicker, so about the same seems right.

Any opinions on this, anyone else have their views on what step up rails should be like?