Wear a Helmet !

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
my flat sits right on an intersection that has a ton of foot and bike traffic

it is the first in a long string of blocks that has vehicular cross traffic with no stop sign

so the bikes have been jamming along for a while with zero fear of cross traffic and then they come to my street and ROLL THE DICE

I see these kids jamming along....no helmet, riding a friend on the back, half in control, no look blow the stop sign

I saw a kid's back tire get clipped and send him flying...that one looked gnarly...the kid was apologetic to the driver surprisingly

I have been thinking of putting up a camera because there is so much fkn carnage and mayhem here between the kids on ebikes, shitfk drivers, and people curbing their dogs on my goddamned philodendron!

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
False.

If it has pedals but no motor it's a bicycle.

If it has pedals and a motor it's classified as a motorized bicycle, which falls under a different section of the vehicle code, must be registered, have insurance, and requires a DL motorcycle endorsement.
False:ban:

Only if the motor is 150 cubic cm or larger, all of that sh1t is required.

Reactions: Aruka

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
A pretty 36 year old mother out with the kids and father feeling the good life

A tragic choice not wearing a helmet .

Same can happen on a beach cruiser .
Problem being people care more about looking cool to others than their own safety.

I rarely see the young groms that zip around in the morning on ebikes wearing any. Its not hard to set an example for your kids and wear a helmet also in front of them. My sons been riding with me since he was really young. He would call me out if I didn't have one on. Monkey see monkey do.

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente

RIP Jennifer. I feel so sad for the father of the two boys who watched her die and two young boys who will now grow up without a mom. :cry:

Local paper said that there was a group of 8 riders all returning home around 8:30 pm from an all day event at the Ohanafest.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: potato-nator

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
When I look left and right at an intersection and see a 350# blob, on what looks like a bicycle, I don't expect them to be on Tour de France time trial pace. They're not safe, and should be treated like motorcycles (unless they're restricted to under 10-15 mph).

Reactions: Lowqi2 and keenfish

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005

She was probably riding close to 30 mph with TWO little kids in seats on the bike. Dumb, really dumb. Would she put them on a motorcycle?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
:toilet:
False:ban:

Only if the motor is 150 cubic cm or larger, all of that sh1t is required.
False.:geek:

" - A motor-driven cycle has 2-3 wheels and an engine size smaller than 149 cc."
  • "- You must register a motor-driven cycle, and you must have a motorcycle license (M1) to drive one."
See here:

inlandLocal

Nep status
Jul 8, 2008
30mph is going pretty good to be pulling one of those kid trailers. I wonder if the trailer knifed or something and caused her to lose the front end?