We listed our place on Air BnB: Caution- virtue signaling ahead

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I’d imagine it’s quite the culture shock coming here. But I’m sure after a bit you realize how awesome this place is.

Sure we got some problems but it’s still super cool.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
you are awesome subway

One of my old college buddies has been housing a family. He lives in east Bay and not sure how he made it happen. He is also a crazy dead head so the refugees may be getting a hell of an experience. I can ask him for any info if you want?

I am in a fantasy football league with him and some very very successful people , I am mos def their loser surfer friend.
Instead of playing for money this year we donated it to them. One guy gave them an old but functional car. Another is trying to get the husband a job.

Then there’s me “ do they want some homegrown?” :roflmao::roflmao:
Haha “you guys may grow some mean poppies over there in the Kush, but take a few puffs of this here Dosi-cake and see what you think!”

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Dunno about that Subway , after being introduced to Fat Paul and Wiley I would say Afgani Hash is the ultimate . They loaded VW combi s drove them to Asian ports and delivered them to Oahu fyi . You are a goodman Subway .

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So on a recent thread, I made a comment about adopting AfghanI refugee kids, and it’s still been in my head the last few weeks. Not so much as like, contacting NGO’s and actually trying to find an Afghani orphan to adopt, but you know, clicking on articles, keeping an eye open for stuff related to the refugee crisis. Lo and behold, air BnB.Org has a full on full fledged operation to help you list your spare bedroom or apartment or whatever just like a normal air BnB, except it’s for refugees who have been successfully extracted and admitted to the US, and need a place to stay for an average of 1-2 weeks while they find permanent housing and get settled. So, I just listed one of our guest rooms. Curious to see what, if anything, happens. I mean, we’re a half hour from JFK, and they say New York, for many reasons, has one of the higher demands for short term refugee housing. no charge of course, and airbnb deals with the refugee agencies (I can’t imagine the Bureaucracy involved) to handle their logistical and financial needs. our role is to provide a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment for a person(s) who has quite literally just been forced to flee their homeland. Probably forever.

ok that’s enough white knighting from me. Did i use that term correctly?
Good on you.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Does the kid come with free AK47 and rug?
Hopefully. On a related note, in the listing I had to disclose that I keep shotguns locked in a closet. I wonder if that will knock me off the list?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Dunno about that Subway , after being introduced to Fat Paul and Wiley I would say Afgani Hash is the ultimate . They loaded VW combi s drove them to Asian ports and delivered them to Oahu fyi . You are a goodman Subway .
I would gladly accept the afghani hash challenge.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
we used to rent 1 room on occasion to air bnb. had like 6 people in 6 months

i used to have a good neighbor
he moved out and captain dipshit and his bitch wife moved in
3 years of construction noise and mess, countless retards blocking our driveway, built another 2 br house behind his 4br house
finishes house and puts it up for sale
we couldnt wait to get rid of these shitheads
then they took it off the market
thery decided to move into the back unit and air bnb the front
they take up to 10 guests and its always booked
owners park on street and rarely move
driveway fits 3 cars and the rest of the guests take over the street parking
its always booked
they built a hotel next door

• Sad
Reactions: potato-nator

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Listen, I applaud your looking to help those in exile after our disasterous afghani adventure. Please please make certain of one thing though - when teaching them to surf explain clearly to them that it is terribly impolite to paddle out around a jetty and take the first set wave..chances are we have been waiting for that set and it chaps my hide to see some immigrant not wait their turn in the lineup. "Ther takin our Waves"...

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
we used to rent 1 room on occasion to air bnb. had like 6 people in 6 months

i used to have a good neighbor
he moved out and captain dipshit and his bitch wife moved in
3 years of construction noise and mess, countless retards blocking our driveway, built another 2 br house behind his 4br house
finishes house and puts it up for sale
we couldnt wait to get rid of these shitheads
then they took it off the market
thery decided to move into the back unit and air bnb the front
they take up to 10 guests and its always booked
owners park on street and rarely move
driveway fits 3 cars and the rest of the guests take over the street parking
its always booked
they built a hotel next door
Fuck, that would **** me off.

I’m so petty I’d buy another car to park on the street out of spite

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Subway, they will always remember you and your wife as hosting their first landing place in this country. Nice of you to do it.
And sh!t if they have a little kid, my wife will fall in love and be heartbroken when they leave :bricks::roflmao:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
hahaha "leave"
:roflmao: :roflmao: Hey I read the fine print, we are merely providing a landing pad while they get all their paperwork squared away, and then the relief agencies move them into proper temporary housing while they start a new life. Average stay is 1-2 weeks