We don't have a supply chain problem, we have a leadership problem.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Is it a president's job to manipulate international commerce?

A little over a year ago I remember people arguing that it's not the president's job to fight a pandemic and its not a president's job to use the DPA to increase production of PPE, medical equipment, covod tests, and covod vaccines.

Why is this the president's job and what should he do?
Do you really lack the honesty to critically analyze the Biden policies and their effect on the economy or are you just playing a character on the internet?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Do you really lack the honesty to critically analyze the Biden policies and their effect on the economy or are you just playing a character on the internet?
Suddenly people want to talk policy after four years of no government policy whatsoever.

To which policies are you specifically referring and what new policies should be implemented?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I’m trilingual (Spanish and Brazo Portuguese) and so is the wife (Spanish and French). No kids yet, but if/when I want them learning multiple languages real early
that's awesome

almost pulled the trigger on Portugal this summer, but going to Italy instead

my good friends are french, I have a very good french accent...on my english

ahahaha

my kid wants to learn German and I told him he would not be allowed in my home again if he didn't learn spanish or mandarin. kids are such fkn idiots.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
that's awesome

almost pulled the trigger on Portugal this summer, but going to Italy instead

my good friends are french, I have a very good french accent...on my english

ahahaha

my kid wants to learn German and I told him he would not be allowed in my home again if he didn't learn spanish or mandarin. kids are such fkn idiots.
Thanks! With a working knowledge of Spanish you can pick up Portuguese easily. Just learn the fundamental differences, learn the most common few hundred words and irregular verbs, and get a feel for the pronunciation and you'll be good.

Don't be that guy speaking Spanish with a Portuguese accent in a Portuguese speaking country . . . . So cringe

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Haha, all they had to do was THREATEN to implement a fine against lingering containers. That's leadership.

Hope it holds so we can fight this holy armagedeon. Bye bye, empty shelves. Bye bye, package delays. Bye bye, inflation. Hello, Federal Reserve.

Last edited:

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Maybe we also have a "too much demand and wasteful spending" problem.
Pandemic disruptions/displacements have us functioning at reduced efficiency and effectiveness. However, it's not the pandemic's fault that everything in my life is breaking and needs replacement, seemingly all at once. I've had the HVAC system replaced, numerous electrical issues (receptacle, switches, vent fan stopped working), storm door fell off. I need to replace the main drain pipe, the Maine Coons destroyed a bunch of blinds, and I promised the wife an addition. The SUV needs a brake job and struts and the hatch's passenger door won't lock.

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Pandemic disruptions/displacements have us functioning at reduced efficiency and effectiveness. However, it's not the pandemic's fault that everything in my life is breaking and needs replacement, seemingly all at once. I've had the HVAC system replaced, numerous electrical issues (receptacle, switches, vent fan stopped working), storm door fell off. I need to replace the main drain pipe, the Maine Coons destroyed a bunch of blinds, and I promised the wife an addition. The SUV needs a brake job and struts and the hatch's passenger door won't lock.
Look, mister, don't you try and "Cats in the Cradle" me.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Its stating to make a dent in my income and effecting winter surf travel plans. My income depends on commissions from selling $5,000 to $15,000 pieces of hardware. Seen very little new hardware show up in the past 3 months. Was talking to my manufacturer's rep and right now they have over 20,000 of the machines that are my bread and butter sitting on ships off of California as basically everything I sell ships out of Japan. Just glad its industry wide and not just my manufacturer so my competitors are in just as bad of shape or worse.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Its stating to make a dent in my income and effecting winter surf travel plans. My income depends on commissions from selling $5,000 to $15,000 pieces of hardware. Seen very little new hardware show up in the past 3 months. Was talking to my manufacturer's rep and right now they have over 20,000 of the machines that are my bread and butter sitting on ships off of California as basically everything I sell ships out of Japan. Just glad its industry wide and not just my manufacturer so my competitors are in just as bad of shape or worse.
Call up the operators of your ports of entry. Tell them to start fining malingering containers.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If you haven't accepted that the crunch has been on for at least the last 20 years, you are living in child fantasy world.

This is just a fear of death avoidance tactic.

Work on your deadlift and your guitar playing during these lean times.

Thanks for reading my post.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Have you read the talent code?

The moral of the book is if you kid wants to learn any language let him learn the one he has a natural inclination for.

IF your kid is playing the drums with pencils get him a drum set not a piano.

I didn't want to learn nothing when I was a kid.

I really liked Pilmser language training.

I contacted them with a way to make it even better and they told me to fuck off.

It really was a great idea that would have acerbated the learning process.

Nobody listens to a knowitall

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Have you read the talent code?

The moral of the book is if you kid wants to learn any language let him learn the one he has a natural inclination for.

IF your kid is playing the drums with pencils get him a drum set not a piano.

I didn't want to learn nothing when I was a kid.

I really liked Pilmser language training.

I contacted them with a way to make it even better and they told me to fook off.

It really was a great idea that would have acerbated the learning process.

Nobody listens to a knowitall
I listen to a travel podcast that is sponsored by Pimsler. Seems interesting.

The way we are taught foreign language is backwards here. No child is handed a pen and paper to practice grammar at age 1 before hearing words, so why is it taught that way in school? :unsure: