Wayne Rich Nightmare?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Seriously I over read your thread at first and thought you had a nightmare experience not a nightmare model and forgot pic:foreheadslap:

Reactions: MathDebater

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Pretty sick! Looks like it could be a nightmare to glass though....
is it a shortboard, mid length or longboard?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Reactions: Havoc

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Comparatively short base for a keel fin (4.80). Will be interesting to see a review of them.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
It looks sick! I'm wondering if it's more mini simmons, fishy, or twin? It kinda makes me think of my 5150, with a twin fin twist. Let us know how those fins work, and what your riding them in?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
It looks sick! I'm wondering if it's more mini simmons, fishy, or twin? It kinda makes me think of my 5150, with a twin fin twist. Let us know how those fins work, and what your riding them in?
How sik would a hybrib 5150 2Win be?

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
It seems like that would be insane, actually my 5150 is the only quad in my quiver now. I remember asking Stretch about something like that, and he rolled his eyes and gave me a "Lurch" like uuuuggghhhhmmm, so I guess there is to much going on in the tail to make it work? That nightmare board looks pretty foiled out in the tail and rails, fins look there up a bit, and set pretty straight, not a lot of cant? I don't know I'm just kinda guessing from the pics, but man it looks really cool!

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
It seems like that would be insane, actually my 5150 is the only quad in my quiver now. I remember asking Stretch about something like that, and he rolled his eyes and gave me a "Lurch" like uuuuggghhhhmmm, so I guess there is to much going on in the tail to make it work? That nightmare board looks pretty foiled out in the tail and rails, fins look there up a bit, and set pretty straight, not a lot of cant? I don't know I'm just kinda guessing from the pics, but man it looks really cool!
Stretch now has given me the no go on two customs I have asked for sk8 decks:)

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I don't think he ever did them on the "It"? It does seem like he may be onto something though, I haven't missed them on my last couple of boards. I think Dylan said he's kinda just doing them on the super short (buzz boards etc,) I'm gonna pop in there today, I've got a pre-op with the surfers ear doc.

offroute

Nep status
Feb 20, 2004
San Clemente
Couple of additional photos - Not even close to an expert on fin design, but think the True Ames description is pretty accurate.
"The swept-back, hatchet style profile allows for the ability to reach maximum drive while still allowing for release and maneuverability without tracking. The inside of the fins feature a concave 'football shape' foil in the top portion of the template which provides extra lift and reduced drag."

Used the fins in a DA Fish in chest to head high conditions. Zero expectations on initial performance, but left the water grinning. Slightly stiffer in tip flex than a Power Drive, with good release. Haven't tried them in a groveler yet.

Attachments

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Saw one in glassing across the driveway from my shop. Pretty sexy.

Reactions: jkb

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I don't think he ever did them on the "It"? It does seem like he may be onto something though, I haven't missed them on my last couple of boards. I think Dylan said he's kinda just doing them on the super short (buzz boards etc,) I'm gonna pop in there today, I've got a pre-op with the surfers ear doc.
The other was a 2x4 step up 6'3" no sk8:( I love the sk8 on my gbuzz and buzzsaw thought it would be kool to have on It twin.