Watch out! Cyclist coming through

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Kento said:
And also hold all bicyclists to traffic laws that cars have to obey with the same level of fines.
I'm sorry I can't make it past this part. Need to clean up the spit out beer on my keyboard.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
silentbutdeadly said:
Kento said:
And also hold all bicyclists to traffic laws that cars have to obey with the same level of fines.
I'm sorry I can't make it past this part. Need to clean up the spit out beer on my keyboard.
:beer: :roflmao:

If they get too many points, they have to downgrade to a unicycle.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
silentbutdeadly said:
Kento said:
Yeah let's do it all the same for the guy that drives 4000lbs of steel, powered by decomposing dinosaurs and the guy who rides a 25lbs bike powered by tofu.

Same same.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
keenfish said:
Kento said:
silentbutdeadly said:
Kento said:
:beer: :roflmao:

If they get too many points, they have to downgrade to a unicycle.
Tricycle! :drowning:
I like this. Each vehicle you f*ck up on, you progressively lose a wheel. :roflmao:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
FecalFace said:
silentbutdeadly said:
Kento said:
Yeah let's do it all the same for the guy that drives 4000lbs of steel, powered by decomposing dinosaurs and the guy who rides a 25lbs bike powered by tofu.

Same same.
You want to use the roads, you abide by the rules. Do you ride your Vespa on the freeway? Why not?

Bicyclists have the right of way over cars the same way sailboats have over powerboats but you still have to abide by the same overall rules.

Likewise, there is a thing called "dead right" and tonnage does override all.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
silentbutdeadly said:
I'm down. Less vehicles on the roads, more drivers on bikes, and 99 percent of the cyclists will be on skateboards.
And eventually everyone will be walking. :roflmao:

Part of another discussion but the absurdity of the traffic woes is that so many people could telecommute if allowed. Give businesses a tax credit for allowing that. :socrazy:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Kento said:
FecalFace said:
silentbutdeadly said:
Kento said:

Same same.
You want to use the roads, you abide by the rules. Do you ride your Vespa on the freeway? Why not?

Bicyclists have the right of way over cars the same way sailboats have over powerboats but you still have to abide by the same overall rules.

Nobody said that anybody should break the law.

We are talking about the downright hatred you guys have for bikes being on the road in any capacity.

Expecting every cyclist to obey the law is as silly as expecting every motorist to obey the law. :foreheadslap:

And using the law breaking as an excuse to get your pitchforks out for anybody on a bicycle is as preposterous as breaking the law because other drivers do it.

Don't make no damn sense. :smile2:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
:roflmao:

I don't think most go to the extreme you speak of, we just call it like it is.

I have no hate for cyclists and go out of my way to be courteous at every opportunity... but hot damn, as a whole what a bunch of pricks! At least from my perspective.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
FecalFace said:
Kento said:
FecalFace said:
silentbutdeadly said:
Kento said:

Same same.

Nobody said that anybody should break the law.

We are talking about the downright hatred you guys have for bikes being on the road in any capacity.

Expecting every cyclist to obey the law is as silly as expecting every motorist to obey the law. :foreheadslap:

And using the law breaking as an excuse to get your pitchforks out for anybody on a bicycle is as preposterous as breaking the law because other drivers do it.

Don't make no damn sense. :smile2:
Hey, as long as you maintain the flow of traffic, it's all good whatever mode of transportation you use. I think that's all anyone is asking.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
HarryLopez said:
Bonzer5Fin said:
Here in Denmark, most of the crazy traffic is from bicycle commuters riding to work and school. It's like a race, they haul ass, and they never stop. I have had very beautiful women just smoke me on the straights, and then ask me why I don't move over at the lights? Ha ha, they don't know what Lancer means.
UCSB was like this, bike traffic during the school day would be crazy in-between classes. Saw a lot of head on crashes, people dumping in the iceplant, etc... It was fricken awesome. 2-3 wide in each lane with people passing on both sides. Surprised more weren't hurt badly.
Then there was the off campus drunken biking. :drunk:
then there were the drunken races at dogshit park... a la revenge of the nerds

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
FecalFace said:
silentbutdeadly said:
Kento said:

Same same.

It's really more from plankton and plant matter, fwiw.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I enjoy stopping to wave a cyclist through an intersection
even when I have the right of way in my vehicle.

it makes me feel like a double agent.

I run stop signs and red lights, but it's not really that big of
a deal. people getting worked up over that lack empathy.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
HarryLopez said:
UCSB was like this, bike traffic during the school day would be crazy in-between classes. Saw a lot of head on crashes, people dumping in the iceplant, etc... It was fricken awesome. 2-3 wide in each lane with people passing on both sides. Surprised more weren't hurt badly.
i was the master of riding down the middle stripe passing people and not clipping on coming traffic. and the master of riding drunk with someone sitting on my beach cruzer handle bars coming back from IVBC. or riding down DP holding onto my roommates truck bed was fun. oh being stupid and young :drowning:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
psykophant said:
It's called traffic.
Risking someone's life isn't worth 5 minutes of your time.
Risking your own life isn't worth inconveniencing the rest of society.

Same goes for motorcycles.

If you're going to go against the norms by doing something inherently dangerous, don't expect for everyone else to make extreme exceptions for you.

Darwin

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
"
"

Not that society really cares about us dying, doesn't every surfer risk their life each time they paddle out?

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
ifallalot said:
psykophant said:
It's called traffic.
Risking someone's life isn't worth 5 minutes of your time.

Same goes for motorcycles.

If you're going to go against the norms by doing something inherently dangerous, don't expect for everyone else to make extreme exceptions for you.

Darwin
its called traffic. How much percent of society surfs? Yet we still create surf zones in the middle of the summer where people can't swim.

anyone with a motorcycle realizes their life is at risk from idiot drivers every time they get on that bike, hence the term 'ride defensively.' There are still, however, unavoidable risks. When you're stopped at a traffic light for example - the car coming up behind you might rear end you. You can stare in your side view mirrors in first gear with your hand on the clutch all you want, the difference between getting nailed and the car stopping in time is very subtle, and chances are you wont go from 0-40 as fast as the car comes at you at 40 mph especially considering the time it takes you to react. You can try and hug the inside of blind right hand corners as much as you can but there will always be drivers who cut across the double yellow while rounding a left hand corner which is blind for the oncoming rider.

There are situations that can't be avoided for motorcyclists, all they can do is try their best to not get killed by idiot drivers who do reckless things in the name of stupidity or lack of common sense.

The exact same goes for cyclists.

We are not talking about those things.

We are talking about aggression towards cyclists due to intentional reckless driving as a means of intimidation or venting anger which is entirely without any logical foundation to even have in the first place.

Being willing to risk a riders life due to this kind of stupidity is the subject of discussion here. We are talking about being too much of a d!ck to turn your steering wheel a little further or momentarily apply pressure to the left pedal instead of the right in order to safely pass someone on a bicycle who is utilizing the road in a perfectly legal manner. These are risks due to rage fueled stupidity and the elimination of them begins with the elimination of the senseless rage which could stem from an inability to conceptualize that there are lots of different inconveniences in your life that you casually adjust to daily, they do have the right to be there, their lives are real human lives too, the mathematics which prove just how small of an amount of your time it actually takes out of your commute, and every other thing that's been mentioned.

Extreme exceptions? Who said anything about extreme exceptions? :roflmao: