Jan 15, 2003
CA
bigtuna said:
shiver_me_timbers said:
stu dog said:
Greg Griffin said:
Stu's in a BIG Hurry .
get the f' out of my way!
so because you're driving a car you're entitled to kill someone? I've lost friends to people like you. They were dads, friends, good workers, stoked on life, etc. Gone forever because some asshole couldn't wait an extra 10 seconds.
only on the erBB, would someone claim injustice has been done to them because they left home too late to get the parking spot they wanted and they were too busy checking the surf to take the time to watch out for other people on the road.
the UCLA ladies bike team is being just as selfish taking up an entire lane of road so they can also look at the ocean will riding.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
stu dog said:
bigtuna said:
shiver_me_timbers said:
stu dog said:
Greg Griffin said:
Stu's in a BIG Hurry .
so because you're driving a car you're entitled to kill someone? I've lost friends to people like you. They were dads, friends, good workers, stoked on life, etc. Gone forever because some asshole couldn't wait an extra 10 seconds.
only on the erBB, would someone claim injustice has been done to them because they left home too late to get the parking spot they wanted and they were too busy checking the surf to take the time to watch out for other people on the road.
the UCLA ladies bike team is being just as selfish taking up an entire lane of road so they can also look at the ocean will riding.
They are legally allowed to be there. You just have to deal with it. Maybe leave a few minutes earlier.

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
bird. said:
They are legally allowed to be there. You just have to deal with it. Maybe leave a few minutes earlier.
I find I'm happiest when I give myself 10-15 minutes minimum allowance on showing up before work. When I get into ruts where I'm barely making it in on time that whole 30 minutes before work I'm like rushing and already stressed because of it. And you don't wanna go into work stressed, it's only gonna get worse there.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Cyclist in the video is a boss.

UCLA team...is this 5:30 on a Sunday morning, or 7:45 on a Tuesday morning?

One sounds completely reasonable, the other is just laughably inconsiderate to literally thousands of people. You're wasting ten seconds in Jax Beach blowing a stop sign when we all know you're blowing the stop sign. Having a rolling spandex donkey parade on PCH on a weekday morning...

K_uno is legally allowed to SUP your peak, upload his waves caught data and GoPro footage, real time, and spam your local shop's instagram with the specifics. Roy Stewart is legally allowed (NZ parking infractions notwithstanding) to fly himself and his olo to Oahu, and torch Kala Alexander on a First Reef double up.

I'm legally allowed to wait for a wedding to start on the sand here in Jax Beach, and start tossing a dozen orders of large fries in the air so thousands of dollars of clothing and the fashionable evening are ruined by a seagull shart carpet bombing.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
bigtuna said:
bird. said:
I find I'm happiest when I give myself 10-15 minutes minimum allowance on showing up before work. When I get into ruts where I'm barely making it in on time that whole 30 minutes before work I'm like rushing and already stressed because of it. And you don't wanna go into work stressed, it's only gonna get worse there.
Who cares if they're on time for work or not?

It doesn't matter to me if someone driving like a dying Granny in the passing lane makes me five minutes late instead of on time, or 25 minutes early instead of a half hour early.

That's five minutes, utterly wasted, by someone else being incompetent/inconsiderate.

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
Sharkbiscuit said:
bigtuna said:
bird. said:

It doesn't matter to me if someone driving like a dying Granny in the passing lane makes me five minutes late instead of on time, or 25 minutes early instead of a half hour early.

That's five minutes, utterly wasted, by someone else being incompetent/inconsiderate.
welcome to living in society, want a tissue?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Bonzer5Fin said:
Here in Denmark, most of the crazy traffic is from bicycle commuters riding to work and school. It's like a race, they haul ass, and they never stop. I have had very beautiful women just smoke me on the straights, and then ask me why I don't move over at the lights? Ha ha, they don't know what Lancer means.
Wait a sec, are you confessing to being one of those people who gets to a stoplight (when red) and takes up the W H O L E bike lane thus forcing fellow cyclists who have been moving at a steady pace to come to a stop when the light turns green (instead of breezing through, maintaining momentum) because you are in the way (or barely moving because you didn't gear down while coming to the stop)?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
bigtuna said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
bigtuna said:
bird. said:

Your post doesn't make any sense? For a society to work, there needs to be consideration given to other members...yet you choose to poke at the person living outside the self absorbed vacuum.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
bigtuna said:
shiver_me_timbers said:
stu dog said:
Greg Griffin said:
Stu's in a BIG Hurry .

All the while we blame cell phones and alcohol when it's really an attitude change that's in order.

For example, if we weren't inherently selfish pricks we would be considerate of those around us to not drink and drive, even when we've only had a few. Or use our cell phones, or do the above mentioned things. I'm not saying I'm a saint, just sayin'...
bigtuna said:
:roflmao:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I don't think any of us cyclists are "Sweet! A human Lycra parade - I <3 life's little annoyances and inconveniences" any more than we are "Lycra is Haram. ALLLAHUACKBAAAAARRRRR".

I do like to think we would, to a poster, honor kill ourselves if we were any part of a three pickup truck or four motorcycle dork parade that got caught by a cyclist on a road devoid of stop signs/lights with "highway" in the name.

rice might even hate North LA as much as I do. rice, where is a worse place to be rushing to in order to get a parking space: work, or County Line?

Mr Doof said:
didn't gear down
rice's fixie farts in your bike's general direction

bigtuna

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 29, 2010
NE
Your position is that people should all align their lives according to your morning commute. This is stupid and self absorbed and ignores the fundamental aspect or definition of society which is living with others. Thus, welcome to society. :dancing:

My comment was a critique of the attitude of society at large (clearly in America) which according to your and stu's posts is completely unethical and outright dangerous towards others you are sharing the road with. I then went on to explain that the root is selfishness. Putting other people's lives at risk so you can rush to work and check the surf while driving isn't a part of a normal, healthy society. Sharing the road with cyclists who according to the law have to ride there is a part of a normal, healthy society which you choose to ignore and state that they should adjust their lives to fit your schedule.

:rock:

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Sharkbiscuit said:
I don't think any of us cyclists are "Sweet! A human Lycra parade - I <3 life's little annoyances and inconveniences" any more than we are "Lycra is Haram. ALLLAHUACKBAAAAARRRRR".

I do like to think we would, to a poster, honor kill ourselves if we were any part of a three pickup truck or four motorcycle dork parade that got caught by a cyclist on a road devoid of stop signs/lights with "highway" in the name.

rice might even hate North LA as much as I do. rice, where is a worse place to be rushing to in order to get a parking space: work, or County Line?
:roflmao:

County Line is the worse anything and everything. A day at work is better than a day at County Line.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Bonzer5Fin said:
Here in Denmark, most of the crazy traffic is from bicycle commuters riding to work and school. It's like a race, they haul ass, and they never stop. I have had very beautiful women just smoke me on the straights, and then ask me why I don't move over at the lights? Ha ha, they don't know what Lancer means.
UCSB was like this, bike traffic during the school day would be crazy in-between classes. Saw a lot of head on crashes, people dumping in the iceplant, etc... It was fricken awesome. 2-3 wide in each lane with people passing on both sides. Surprised more weren't hurt badly.
Then there was the off campus drunken biking. :drunk:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
bigtuna said:
Your position is that people should all align their lives according to your morning commute.
No it isn't. Just because I find something vexing doesn't mean other people "should all align their lives" to my morning commute. This is you being a retard, not my position.

bigtuna said:
This is stupid and self absorbed and ignores the fundamental aspect or definition of society which is living with others. Thus, welcome to society. :dancing:
Lecturing people about stupidity, self-absorption, and living with others is amusing when the complaint is recreationally riding a bicycle on a busy road in Los Angeles as part of a massive peloton on a weekday.

bigtuna said:
My comment was a critique of the attitude of society at large (clearly in America) which according to your and stu's posts is completely unethical and outright dangerous towards others you are sharing the road with. I then went on to explain that the root is selfishness.
First off I keep to the laws around cyclists. Second, the peloton 3-4 wide is illegal (at least where I live) and there's nothing unethical about being annoyed by that. It's a complete prick move.

bigtuna said:
Putting other people's lives at risk so you can rush to work and check the surf while driving isn't a part of a normal, healthy society. Sharing the road with cyclists who according to the law have to ride there is a part of a normal, healthy society which you choose to ignore and state that they should adjust their lives to fit your schedule.

:rock:
We're talking Los Angeles during rush hour. Time is money. Fuck your normal, healthy society right in the pussy.

I have a 2/3 mile commute. How do you think I get to work when it's not raining, not July/August hot, and no boards/fins/trunks/wetsuit to bring with me?

We've had a few cyclist threads. I've always argued against using the vehicle as a weapon, and observing Florida's three feet law. Hated the "surfer" from Newport who got into it with sharrow. Thought the "rolling coal" guy was a douche especially because those cyclists were cool.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
HarryLopez said:
UCSB was like this, bike traffic during the school day would be crazy in-between classes. Saw a lot of head on crashes, people dumping in the iceplant, etc... It was fricken awesome. 2-3 wide in each lane with people passing on both sides. Surprised more weren't hurt badly.
Then there was the off campus drunken biking. :drunk:
:roflmao: ahh yes, same story at UCD, I once got smoked about 20 yards from my place by a guy that was late to class and t-boned me from some sneaky side path. We'd often end up with 5-10 bikes abandoned at our place after throwing a party and would work those into rotation if nobody picked them up within a few days. Old school girls bikes were the best, you could just casually step off them and ghost ride them into the scrum of bikes outside the busiest buildings with nary a care.