Watch out! Cyclist coming through

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Is it a Campagnolo nutguard signing autographs at Malibu?

I thought Doof was 8 foot tall and could flat foot a Clydesdale. Why does he need a nut bar?

That bike is legit SF city commuter hipster low key. I mean I look at my 7-10 year old trail bike and Fred Sled and those basically came with REM, I mean OEM, Monster, Metal Mulisha, Tech N9ne, and 9094Lyfe decal sets.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Is that a Campari top tube pad? :beer:
Not a fan of Cinzano ever since they treated my Cutter friend so poorly

afoaf said:
THE REAL QUESTION: "IS THAT A TOP TUBE PAD?!"
1 Never took it off...came with the {new-to-me} bike

2 Don't have to mar the frame with zip ties,tape, etc for the rear brake cable...pad makes it feel like internal routing

3 Big crank gear and small road cassette in a town with lots of hidden stairs and steep hills and 5 story walk-ups, well, you
carry it sometimes

4 There is a cafe in North Beach that will occasionally give me a free espresso when I come in there with my sneakers, sweatshirt, and fancy Italian riding gloves, and oh yeah, only when I am on this bike (and point it out on the bike like the whore I am)

5 Adds weight and ruins the streamlining making it tougher to get from A to B which allows mortals to keep up with me

6 Helps to protect the frame when I have to chain it up outside or more often, it saves my bike from bike polo mallet marring of the Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Spectral Silver paint job when I inadvertently rest it against the frame between matches...you know how that goes, afoaf

7 But to answer your question, no, it is not a top tube pad, it is a lifestyle choice

jkb said:
Sweet nard guard Mr Doof!
Doesn't do much for my bits and and parts, have plenty of room on the 62 cm frame but it great for bringing home the babes at closing time
1595521453825.png

Sharkbiscuit said:
I thought Doof was 8 foot tall and could flat foot a Clydesdale.
Once you start standing over horses, you never wanna stop
1595522662144.png

PS
Am going to put on a 46 tooth crank gear soon. Lightweight bike and 8-speed cassette not withstanding, grinding it out on even a simple Twin Peaks climb is getting tougher. Need to start being nicer to the body. The MTB gets up steeper hills faster and easier than this bike...sometimes cadence is more important that pure strength (best to have both, but, well, you gotta work with the aging body you have)

Last edited:

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
5 Adds weight and ruins the streamlining making it tougher to get from A to B which allows mortals to keep up with me

6 Helps to protect the frame when I have to chain it up outside or more often, it saves my bike polo mallet from marring the Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Spectral Silver paint job when I inadvertently rest it between matches...you know how that goes, afoaf

7 But to answer your question, no, it is not a top tube pad, it is a lifestyle choice

Best list ever. :ROFLMAO:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Cushcore: do I need tubeless tires and tubeless rims? This guy's just pumping with a hand pump then adding sealant and hand-pumping again. I'm wondering if this is because of the wheelset, the cushcore, the tire, or what.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Cushcore: do I need tubeless tires and tubeless rims? This guy's just pumping with a hand pump then adding sealant and hand-pumping again. I'm wondering if this is because of the wheelset, the cushcore, the tire, or what.
Tubeless tires, any rims, appropriate size rim tape and sealant. Some individual tires are easier to seat than others. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Follow the Cushcore instructions to the letter. For whatever reason (weed, alcohol, and/or hubris) you will fail to do this the first wheel and much cursing will ensue. The second you will realize the error of your ways and it will be a cake walk.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Anyone have any good sites to find components? As of now, the best deal I've found is $650 for an entire xt groupset on eBay, shipping from CA. Cheaper from China, but don't want to wait for shipping. Gonna order the Ritchey ultra frame within the week. Have pieced every other component together. Getting more stoked than a new board.