Want to sauce up your egg surfing?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Get yourself a set of these Greg Webber designed flex fins from Soar Australia.
Put these into to my Dick Van Straalen "weiner" and in the words of the Confucien fin guru Ho lee Fukk the board went "insane."
The twang is easily felt as the fins load up and flex.
The rear fin is a single tab so that it flexes side to side like a fishes tail.
He also makes a more upright leaf shaped single tab for a looser feel.
Surfing really good quality lefts (backhand) 3' footers this morning and the fins felt amazing on my backhand.
Forehand I'd like to try the more upright trailer to loosen it up a tad more but I will try an MR tfx trailer first.
Previously I was running H2's in large sides and a medium centre. Board felt good but I knew there was another gear left in it.

You'll need to use fcs fusion or fcs II plugs in your board though.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
It's interesting that a lot of surfers will explore the feeling of flex in a fin for a single fin board due to the variety of flexy single fins for sale but when it comes to multi-fin boards there is very little available to buy so it remains an unexplored option.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
just checked their site - some nice fins Pete - i'll tell the wife it was your idea if i buy this: http://www.soarfin.com/epages/soarfin.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/kc/Products/3798063/SubProducts/3798063-0005

Dudebro

Nep status
Jul 17, 2007
Oceanside
Have those fins and in the right board they are a good time.Use the fronts in my stubby boards mostly as a twin, sometimes with a little trailer but not often. Need to try the rear single tab some more but as of yet have not really cared for it.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Anyone know if Weber ever got started doing customs in the states? I had emailed him awhile back about getting a Diamond with these fins and he said he was just starting to work with a factory to do custom orders in the states but then I realized I never heard anything else and I got caught up in other things.

rkgoshi

OTF status
Jul 29, 2012
I sent an email to Gregs website a while back about the diamond model in his video. No response yet. The large flexible soar twins set two inches forward in the video looked really good. Plus that 6'9" orange diamond was under 2 1/2 thick!

So many boards to try out there! Life is good!

JaM71

OTF status
Jul 12, 2013
GC, Australia
Bman76 said:
just checked their site - some nice fins Pete - i'll tell the wife it was your idea if i buy this: http://www.soarfin.com/epages/soarfin.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/kc/Products/3798063/SubProducts/3798063-0005
I don't own any boards with fcs plugs so when I buy a new board & Flexi fins, I ll tell my wife it was your idea Pete.......I emailed mr webber today re the diamond.... :blush2:

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
I had a set of these fins and wish I had kept them . in shorter boards they were too loose and unpredictable but in longer egg/funboards they added some flair .

I found with a glass flex m2 center fin and the twins up front was the best combo. Fast loose and no drift

GWS

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
done
I want a set. I've been messing with this Spence that has kind of a McCoy Pot Belly Nugget type outline with a slight hull entry and a Bonzer-like bottom setup out the back. The tail is over 18". :eek: I've been riding it as a quad with carbon fiber TF twins in front and some cheap plastic trailers. The funny thing is one of my friends was bagging on me about the flexy plastic out the back and gave me a set of "real fins" about the same size to plug in.

I liked it best with the cheap plastic floppy trailer fins.

Go figure.

I have a set of those G-CRVs I need to try...

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Really want a board to play with these fins in (kinda backwards).

Got start looking for something egg-y with FCS plugs.