Walker vs Warnoc

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Walker and Fetterman aren't the only potatoes. Feinstein is a potato. That fossil from Alabama is 88 years old. Maybe he's lucid I dunno he doesn't have as high a profile as a Grassley or a Feinstein. The guy from Mississippi who recently left is another one of questionable mental faculty.

The difference between Walker and Fetterman is, the Fetterman die was cast before the stroke, and if the party of Mitch McConnell refusing to even give Merrick Garland hearings much less an up or down vote has a problem with letting the voters decide on Fetterman vs Oz, they can get shot in the neck and bleed out on a gurney and die violently, live on cable news, while their opponents jack off to the spectacle.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Walker's campaign might have had some unintentional comedy, but I liked the bits of his concession speech I heard. He gave credit to his supporters, seemed to hint at the lukewarm backing a guy who barely lost had from the party apparatus after the party's head prodded him to run repeatedly, and he didn't cast doubt on Warnock's win.

I am not sure what the Kemp/McConnell and to non-zero extent, DeSantis kind of hands off approach was justified by. This is a home game with a guy with a popular base of support.

You are talking a candidate who lost by only 1.5 points or so more than Perdue/Loeffler, and that was in a runoff where complete Senate control was up for grabs, not one where all it does is save Kamala Harris a couple motorcade trips and makes Sinema/Manchin vote occasionally expendable.

I mean when the only cavalry going is Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz sitting in Walker's lap on Fox News trying not to wince because they figured Walker was going to lose his erection to Warnock, you start to feel bad for a guy who seemed happy with his life in Texas, decided to have a go, then got hung out to dry by all and sundry.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I can imagine no greater failing than for one of my children to be out there actively campaigning against me in any manner

wüüf
Trump taking a beating for this.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Charlatan beats retard. Film at 11:00.
That Charlatan has won four road games in two years in a red state.

IMHO you're more likely to be saying President Charlatan than you are to be saying President Newsom. YMMV.

Walker lost by 3% in a runoff with an unmotivated base. I'd take the Lt Gov more seriously if he added Mitch McConnell, Ron DeSantis, Kemp, and several others who gave Walker zero help.

Reactions: sirfun

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
That Charlatan has won four road games in two years in a red state.

IMHO you're more likely to be saying President Charlatan than you are to be saying President Newsom. YMMV.

Walker lost by 3% in a runoff with an unmotivated base. I'd take the Lt Gov more seriously if he added Mitch McConnell, Ron DeSantis, Kemp, and several others who gave Walker zero help.
Unless they didn't want him to win (hint: they didn't). Those guys have no interest in helping Trump if they don't have to. DeSantis is the only one I can see who might have gained from involvement, but even then, it's better for him if Walker loses and everyone blames Trump than if Walker wins and Trump takes undeserved credit.

• Love
Reactions: hammies and sirfun

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Unless they didn't want him to win (hint: they didn't). Those guys have no interest in helping Trump if they don't have to. DeSantis is the only one I can see who might have gained from involvement, but even then, it's better for him if Walker loses and everyone blames Trump than if Walker wins and Trump takes undeserved credit.
I see what you are saying 100%, but it just seems to make so little sense to me. I get the Trump thing, but Walker on the Senate splits the committees, or some of them, 50/50 vs the (D) having a tie breaker in every one, right?

It means (D) only need one of Manchin/Sinema, not both.

DeSantis will beat or lose to Trump on the basis of his ability to withstand the onslaught on the GOP Primary debate stage, not whether or not he gamely tries to right a sinking ship almost two years out.

I also doubt whether Trump could successfully take DeSantis's credit in this hypothetical. DeSantis can be shaky on his feet in real time, but in planned/choreographed moves, where there's a clear example of him campaigning with Walker and Trump jacking off in Mar a Lago, I think DeSantis can win that one.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I see what you are saying 100%, but it just seems to make so little sense to me. I get the Trump thing, but Walker on the Senate splits the committees, or some of them, 50/50 vs the (D) having a tie breaker in every one, right?

It means (D) only need one of Manchin/Sinema, not both.

DeSantis will beat or lose to Trump on the basis of his ability to withstand the onslaught on the GOP Primary debate stage, not whether or not he gamely tries to right a sinking ship almost two years out.

I also doubt whether Trump could successfully take DeSantis's credit in this hypothetical. DeSantis can be shaky on his feet in real time, but in planned/choreographed moves, where there's a clear example of him campaigning with Walker and Trump jacking off in Mar a Lago, I think DeSantis can win that one.
I guess the other question is whether Mitch showing up to campaign for Walker would have mattered?

And yes, like I said, I can see how DeSantis could have used this as a move towards President. But he doesn't care about Senate splits right now, and I assume did the math and decided the risks weren't worth the reward. What if Walker still lost? Then DeSantis is tainted too.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

The rubes don't care. Trump is their savior and they'll follow him off a cliff if that's what it takes to own the libs.

Reactions: mundus

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I guess the other question is whether Mitch showing up to campaign for Walker would have mattered?

And yes, like I said, I can see how DeSantis could have used this as a move towards President. But he doesn't care about Senate splits right now, and I assume did the math and decided the risks weren't worth the reward. What if Walker still lost? Then DeSantis is tainted too.
I think Mitch opening the checkbook for Walker might have mattered. I think Mitch making some phone calls might have mattered.

I just don't see DeSantis getting tainted. Everyone with any brain could see Walker was a flawed candidate, much like Perdue and Loeffler were flawed, however in different ways.

The guy only lost by 3%.

You know what I would want if I was Ron DeSantis? Some good will and political favors to call in in a place like Georgia. A red-shaded but potentially swing-y state right next door with a Super Tuesday primary.

DeSantis rules the FL GOP with an iron fist. If he did a press conference at a golf course and got eaten by an alligator, the only people in the FL GOP who would miss him are his staffers. He has superb popular support, but every single person who actually works in Florida politics hates his fckng guts, and it's personal as much as it is business.

• Love
Reactions: sirfun