waimea cam

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
pretty damn big and perfect waimea earlier. some closeout sets, epic drops and wipeouts. some party waves but most seemed to be a one guy drop. but, off in the distance, a giant right was untowed everytime i checked. no one out there. is that the same spot bradshaw caught the supposed 80' wave years back? i can't remember the name of the spot. way the hell outside 3rd reef blah blah blah, but there were some massive, 60'+??? waves that were barreling! barrels! where was everyone? avalanche, phantoms? there was a wave that some team should have been on, so it seems. wonder why no one towed that thing? it was beautiful.

Attachments

Last edited:

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
The swell peaked overnight, buoy 1 topped out at 26' 19 sec. The outer reef to the right of Waimea is outside Log Cabins, the one to the left is outside Alligators. I watched Himalayas late morning after the swell had dropped some and the sea breeze started. Lots of waves were ridden, most were shoulders but some guys were pulling in from deep. I watched one guy disappear for a while the reappear in the spit. There were almost as many skis in the channel as there were surfers so photos and videos will be coming soon.

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The swell peaked overnight, buoy 1 topped out at 26' 19 sec. The outer reef to the right of Waimea is outside Log Cabins, the one to the left is outside Alligators. I watched Himalayas late morning after the swell had dropped some and the sea breeze started. Lots of waves were ridden, most were shoulders but some guys were pulling in from deep. I watched one guy disappear for a while the reappear in the spit. There were almost as many skis in the channel as there were surfers so photos and videos will be coming soon.
The surfing half of that video was great, love the paddle-in only vibe.