Von Sol 'Flying Manta' stub groveler

Aug 25, 2020
Anyone have any info on the types of constructions, normal EPS / Wired / Core Flex? What is the most recommended tech? Or does each have it's own pro's and con's?

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019
Anyone still selling a tiny one? My girlfriend of a whopping 100lbs 5’1 wants one for waves that her flatter longer boards dont fit in very well but not sure how she should size given that shes not ridden anything sub 7’. Maybe too big a jump for her but worth trying if a used one is out there

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Id go with EPS/Epoxy non fancy as well
Ha! That was my feeling when I air dropped on a head high wave and put my
front foot straight through the deck. Had surfed the absolute crap out of it every condition in multiple countries for several years, so it was bound to happen, but still crushed me. I actually had the board ‘copied’ by Sean before then knowing time was running out. The second is epic too, but not quite as magic as the OG. It’s in two pieces in my garage and I’ll likely take it to get reincarnated for the kids and for a beater.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Ha! That was my feeling when I air dropped on a head high wave and put my
front foot straight through the deck. Had surfed the absolute crap out of it every condition in multiple countries for several years, so it was bound to happen, but still crushed me. I actually had the board ‘copied’ by Sean before then knowing time was running out. The second is epic too, but not quite as magic as the OG. It’s in two pieces in my garage and I’ll likely take it to get reincarnated for the kids and for a beater.
I meant vs. the consrtuction of the one my son had. If any confusion :)

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Just curious, what do these go for new? I don't want to email Sean until I am ready to commit. I'm interested in regular EPS, but potentially the wired tech.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Price has always been good but not sure about current rate. You’re getting eps with fins So there good value there. I would stay away from wired and get the Oside made eps.

Reactions: MathDebater

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Also, I think I've seen it mentioned here but couldn't find it. Has anyone gone the twinzer route with their Manta? There's a used one in my size that is tempting.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Dumb question but since his website doesn't have much info and it seems like most of the used ones don't have fins. Which of his fins go with the manta?