Von Sol 'Flying Manta' stub groveler

dk1973

OTF status
Jun 11, 2011
von knightz slid a bit too much for me. maybe i need to try a bigger nub? any1 do that?
I ride it with dvs quad keels and standard nub in rear plug...can push it hard but can slip out with that gigantic tail block but overall has good control

Reactions: JDJ

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Had a 5 fin set he included with the nubster and a set of dvs on mine. Definitely a fun board that had its moments and caught waves easy. Blasting down the line was fun on it, I just didn't have any consistency turning it with either set. Probably just too different than what I was used to at the time. Up north everybody was like wtf is that. Down in South CA people treated me like royalty for having it. "Duuude......Mannnnnta!"

manta.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and JDJ

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Had a 5 fin set he included with the nubster and a set of dvs on mine. Definitely a fun board that had its moments and caught waves easy. Blasting down the line was fun on it, I just didn't have any consistency turning it with either set. Probably just too different than what I was used to at the time. Up north everybody was like wtf is that. Down in South CA people treated me like royalty for having it. "Duuude......Mannnnnta!"

View attachment 107861
Custom tabbed fins will make you Dane Reynolds !! - Trust Me I make surfboards ----

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Anyone ridden the Flying Seed? Looks fun.
Sort of like a tweaked Manta with a round tail and pulled in nose.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I ride it with dvs quad keels and standard nub in rear plug...can push it hard but can slip out with that gigantic tail block but overall has good control
yeah, that'z my go to setup but my hind leg is stronger than in the past so slidey slidey. maybe i'll try a bigger nub. the erbb seems to like them bigger

Reactions: JDJ

Havoc

May 23, 2016

View attachment 107861

the nub helps with turnage brah

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Thanks buddy. They look really fun.

Havoc: buy a large nubster. I think Sean has a few different sizes and shapes.

Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

May 23, 2016
Have not, but was tempted many times.
If the VKQ quad set is sliding out, try moving the nub to the rear slot. I found a noticeable difference
between the front and rear fin slot on a left point in Mex.
yeah i run it in the back slot and it still slides some. i'll get a larger one like jdj said. thanks duuuu. hope u gays are getting sum wavez yo!

edit: *guys