Vitamin B12 Deficiency

As far as I know, vitaminB12 deficiency causes anemia, am I right? This vitamin is needed to make red blood cells, which carry oxygen to all parts of your body. Naturally, it is derived from animal products such as red meat, dairy, and eggs. Anemia may make you feel tired, weak, and even short of breath. I know one good solution in order to avoid all these. You can take vitamins as a preventive measure. I am browsing very intriguing resources at the moment. You can find Alaffia brand here and many others. I think I will definitely order something by the end of the day.

Last edited:

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Are you taking heartburn / acid reflux medication? Meds like Prilosec work by killing the enzyme in your stomach that alow it to produce acid... problem is, your body cant convert and absorb Vitamin B without that enzyme, so users of these Meds develop a vitamin deficiency.

I get heartburn quite often, so I knock it back with Pepcid (Tums) which isn't good because it doesn't allow your body to fix itself, but its certainly more mellow to knock it out short term than to take a medication that causes the aforementioned issues.

Oct 28, 2020
Toronto
For sure, it's important to have enough levels of B12 specially when hitting weights trying to build muscle on a daily basis. So yeah, if you are on a strict and demanding program go ahead and take vitamins as you might need them. However, I've noticed that to have a balanced immunity and body function you really need a natural detoxifier that promotes a healthy gut and boosts your energy levels. This is where these fantastic apple gummies come in, and you are on the right road to pure wellness!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020
Chicago
For sure, it's important to have enough levels of B12 specially when hitting weights trying to build muscle on a daily basis. So yeah, if you are on a strict and demanding program go ahead and take vitamins as you might need them. However, I've noticed that to have a balanced immunity and body function you really need a natural detoxifier that promotes a healthy gut and boosts your energy levels. This is where these fantastic apple gummies come in, and you are on the right road to pure wellness!
I'm not a gym freak, but I really like apple cider and I will give gummies a try as they seem more pleasant and stomach friendly!

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
Vitamin B-12 deficiency can lead to Pernicious Anemia. Generally, it is caused by a malabsorption problem of the gut of which there are a few causes like surgery, autoimmune disease, or a diet lacking in B-12 (no meat, dairy, or eggs). It is generally easy to supplement as noted in the above answers and easily discovered with a blood test.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Vitamin B-12 deficiency can lead to Pernicious Anemia. Generally, it is caused by a malabsorption problem of the gut of which there are a few causes like surgery, autoimmune disease, or a diet lacking in B-12 (no meat, dairy, or eggs). It is generally easy to supplement as noted in the above answers and easily discovered with a blood test.
Do you ever have patients who are sick because of a deficiency and when they supplement they get better?

Would you tell patients to supplement with D?

I'm going take some right now. . . .

Jul 14, 2021
Vitamin B12 is one of the main ones. Its deficiency usually develops with its insufficient absorption or lack in the diet. Severe drought can cause permanent neurological damage. Most of the vitamin B12 is found in animal products.
Well, I also took vitamin B12 for a while. It all started because I decided to become a vegan with my already poor health. As a result, a variety of diseases were divorced. I needed a whole complex of vitamins already. Then I turned to https://www.xcellr8.health/iv-hydration-therapy/, and they picked up a complex of vitamins for me. This therapy is called intravenous rehydration therapy. This brought me back to normal. I am no longer a vegan.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
When I lived in Africa I worked with Italians. They saw me taking a daily multi vitamin and asked what it was. I told them it was vitamins. They said, "In Italy we get our vitamins from food." Seems like a good plan.

Mar 5, 2024
Anyone have this? Just started taking supplements

What's your experience?
I got told i have a vitamin b12 deficiency but hate taking tablets so much! but i found out you can get a b12 supplement in the form of like a dissolvable strip thing, it's so easy to take and actually tastes nice believe it or not, super high absorption levels too. Excited for my next test, to see just how much it has helped me, but already feel more energised! :)

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
well I've been due for another blood screen for awhile but I put it on hold due to covid. I should probably get that going and get back to the neurologist.

edit: this discovery was made through a two year process of hunting down head issues that ended up being migraines.
low b12 was one of my early bloodwork issues that may have been due to undiagnosed celiac

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
so did the gluten free diet solve it/help?
It did for me. It’s been like 7-8 yrs. There is a protein in dairy that acts similar, so after a few years i added that. Once I combined that and dairy plus methyl b suplements I feel way better. Im back to my old self. Sleep is majory improved, no anxiety, way more energy.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I'm gluten intolerant, consume it pretty minimally besides splurges. I also eat a limited amount of meat. My doc ID'd me as being B12 deficient a few years back, I didn't do anything about it for a while even though I was suffering from pretty serious fatigue and related symptoms. I finally started taking a B12 supplement last year and it's wild the difference it makes, I don't think it's aggerating to say I feel 5+ years younger in terms of energy levels, less anxious as well. Pretty wild.

Reactions: urchined

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Thanks for the info. I've been taking B12 supplements for a couple of years now and I don't really notice any difference in energy but my levels are normal.

I need to see if my doc can do tests for celiac since I do have some symptoms.