Vitamin B12 Deficiency

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
there's water in coffee right?
I asked my doc the same question. He said coffee is a diuretic and not a substitute for water. Diuretics remove or, help remove water from our kidneys (if I understood him correctly). Next time you visit your dr for a check-up, not a bad idea to get the dr’s recommendation after reviewing your history/panels. John

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I asked my doc the same question. He said coffee is a diuretic and not a substitute for water. Diuretics remove or, help remove water from our kidneys (if I understood him correctly). Next time you visit your dr for a check-up, not a bad idea to get the dr’s recommendation after reviewing your history/panels. John
yes, of course. I was just kidding. I drink coffee all morning, and usually remember I need some water by afternoon. Then it's a matter of drinking enough before like 6pm, so it doesn't keep me asking up to go to the bathroom during the night. I'm always a but thirsty and need to do a better job remembering water.

Reactions: john4surf

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I drink water too late. wife hates it when I pee the bed every night,.

I do drink way too much coffee but I try to start water intake around 10am. Sooner if I'm hungover or remember to pack water in the truck going surfing. I try to do about 50-80 ounces of water a day and am usually pretty successful.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I drink water too late. wife hates it when I pee the bed every night,.

I do drink way too much coffee but I try to start water intake around 10am. Sooner if I'm hungover or remember to pack water in the truck going surfing. I try to do about 50-80 ounces of water a day and am usually pretty successful.
Add 3/4 teaspoon redmonds real salt to your water at night after drinking alcohol and before surf.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
how much is enough mr encladd and how do you know how much water I drink? :shrug:
Depends on how much I sweat and how much fiber I eat, but if I'm doing 2 hour sessions in a 4/3 I'll lose about 3-4 pounds of water weight. When that happens if I don't get about a gallon in me within a few hours I have all the b-12 symptoms. Brain fog, zero energy, super dried out eyes, memory issues. I'll even get a red rash on my chest and up my neck.

Went down the b-12, thyroid, etc. rabbit hole for 2 years before I found the cure.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Just had a proactive deep dive taken on my health. Very few findings, and no major concerns, but I was slightly low on B and D vitamin. Just make sure whatever supplement you get has the right amount. Some are overkill in which case you're just pissing the vitamins out and if anything making it harder on your system.

Got these for now...

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
And as has already been mentioned, its shocking how many of us are chronically dehydrated. This alone can fix so many problems.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Celiac test came back negative. Went to neuro today and he's going to run another blood panel to see where B12 is. He thinks it could be an absorption thing and may try injections depending on outcome.

Reactions: Random Guy