Vitamin B12 Deficiency

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Thanks for the info. I've been taking B12 supplements for a couple of years now and I don't really notice any difference in energy but my levels are normal.

I need to see if my doc can do tests for celiac since I do have some symptoms.
I didn't have to dive into it and figure it out but one of my coworkers who had a similar issue said there are different types of b12 supplements and that some people can't process certain ones. Might be worth investigating that if it's not linked to celiac.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
I forget why my B12 levels went to hell, I had 60% of my stomach and a cancerous prostate (before the tumor “exploded” according to the surgeon) removed around that time. Dr. Told me to start taking B12 after looking at my panels. Levels are “normal” now. Costco has sublingual B12 that do the trick for me. IMG_1268.jpeg

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
I thought I had a b12 deficiency for about a year or two. Turns out I was severely chronically dehydrated. Same symptoms and everything.

Reactions: john4surf

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Yeah, I've dealt with a B12 deficiency before. It's no joke, but thankfully, supplements can really make a difference.
I thought the reason they gave shots for it was because it wasn’t well absorbed from pills
maybe that’s changed
or maybe it was bs
whatever works for ya!

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Well, I messaged my doctor today about looking into testing/diagnosing celiac or gluten intolerance.

Appreciate all the feedback gents
It's hard to accept gluten is causing health issues. Took years of convincing me while I was sluggish, slow, fat and my eczema and then psoriasis were flaring up. Hard to give up beer and bread. Going GF was one of the best things I have ever done for my health.

You know what the best thing was? Starting testosterone optimization. Not TRT. Enclomiphene Citrate. It is an estrogen blocker that allows your testosterone to rise naturally. Been on it since late August of last year. What a difference in all aspects of my life and health. When I had my 50 year old health wake up call in late 2020 I got my testosterone tested and it was low. First test was 466 but then the next year after losing 20 lbs, lifting weights, cutting booze by 75% it fucking dropped to 306. Terrible. I got it up to 336 the next year. When I started taking the sleep supplements, inositol, glycine and magnesium glycinate, I got tested again like 4 months later and it shot up to almost 500. Sleep is everything to testosterone production. I wanted more. I asked my urologist about Enclomiphene Citrate and he said my testosterone was way too high to bill my insurance but it works for most and there are very few side effects. It does not cause hair loss or ball shrinkage like TRT. He said go for it. I just got to Delaware in late August and had an epic run of surf. Immediately noticed a difference in energy level surfing. I was surfing 4 hours every morning and no fatigue the next day. Just on fire. Wave count up. Paddle power. Surfed 11 of the 15 days I was there. I lift harder and longer, can crush it on my bike and my sex drive and performance are as good as my 20s. I can fuck as many times a day as they can handle it. When I wake up to **** in the middle of the night I am so hard I have to sit and tuck my dick inside the bowl so I dont **** everywhere. Morning wood is as good as ever. I barely touch my dick and its hard. My new GF that is 20 years younger than me is like damn, again? I just got tested again and I was at 775. If you are hitting your 50s and want to improve your health, energy, strength and stamina, this could be a good option. I am paying $125 a month through Nuimage medical. Worth every cent. I feel fucking amazing.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
It's hard to accept gluten is causing health issues. Took years of convincing me while I was sluggish, slow, fat and my eczema and then psoriasis were flaring up. Hard to give up beer and bread. Going GF was one of the best things I have ever done for my health.

You know what the best thing was? Starting testosterone optimization. Not TRT. Enclomiphene Citrate. It is an estrogen blocker that allows your testosterone to rise naturally. Been on it since late August of last year. What a difference in all aspects of my life and health. When I had my 50 year old health wake up call in late 2020 I got my testosterone tested and it was low. First test was 466 but then the next year after losing 20 lbs, lifting weights, cutting booze by 75% it fucking dropped to 306. Terrible. I got it up to 336 the next year. When I started taking the sleep supplements, inositol, glycine and magnesium glycinate, I got tested again like 4 months later and it shot up to almost 500. Sleep is everything to testosterone production. I wanted more. I asked my urologist about Enclomiphene Citrate and he said my testosterone was way too high to bill my insurance but it works for most and there are very few side effects. It does not cause hair loss or ball shrinkage like TRT. He said go for it. I just got to Delaware in late August and had an epic run of surf. Immediately noticed a difference in energy level surfing. I was surfing 4 hours every morning and no fatigue the next day. Just on fire. Wave count up. Paddle power. Surfed 11 of the 15 days I was there. I lift harder and longer, can crush it on my bike and my sex drive and performance are as good as my 20s. I can fuck as many times a day as they can handle it. When I wake up to **** in the middle of the night I am so hard I have to sit and tuck my dick inside the bowl so I dont **** everywhere. Morning wood is as good as ever. I barely touch my dick and its hard. My new GF that is 20 years younger than me is like damn, again? I just got tested again and I was at 775. If you are hitting your 50s and want to improve your health, energy, strength and stamina, this could be a good option. I am paying $125 a month through Nuimage medical. Worth every cent. I feel fucking amazing.
@silentbutdeadly when your doc asks why you would like to be tested for celiac, don’t forget to mention how hard gary’s dick is now that he’s gluten free
:socrazy: :toilet: :dancing::barf:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had a kidney stone and before the stone passed, I felt really sick for about a month before.

I told the urologist I thought that was just how you felt when you were old.

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'm gluten intolerant, consume it pretty minimally besides splurges. I also eat a limited amount of meat. My doc ID'd me as being B12 deficient a few years back, I didn't do anything about it for a while even though I was suffering from pretty serious fatigue and related symptoms. I finally started taking a B12 supplement last year and it's wild the difference it makes, I don't think it's aggerating to say I feel 5+ years younger in terms of energy levels, less anxious as well. Pretty wild.
which B12 supplement do you prefer?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Vitamin supplements are basically unregulated so it's hard to truly know what you're getting. They usually are responsible for testing themselves.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Vitamin supplements are basically unregulated so it's hard to truly know what you're getting. They usually are responsible for testing themselves.
Yeah, I kinda “trust” a couple supplements brands more than the generic, even though they are not the cheapest. I feel like it’s less likely you’re paying for a placebo. I’ve tried a bunch of stuff over the years, and the only sups I can honestly say I notice effects are:
Movefree ultra joint pill,
DoctorsBest magnesium for sleep,
Sprouts ultra men’s probiotic.
Edit:
DoctorsBest NAC for alcohol absorption- helps prevent hangovers

Reactions: MathDebater

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
I had a kidney stone and before the stone passed, I felt really sick for about a month before.

I told the urologist I thought that was just how you felt when you were old.
None of you are drinking enough water and some of you may fix all of your maladies by drinking more of it.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Apparently, I have crystals or something (not stones) in my kidneys. The kidney doctor put me on massive amounts of citrates (potassium citrate and calcium citrate). Told me to drink at least five 16 oz of water daily. I did, the crystals apparently dissolved. The down side, five 16 oz of water have me stopping at any/all men’s rooms during the day. But, I can now p!ss without any problems. My cardiologist politely told me that “older folks” don’t always drink a lot of water during the day and encouraged me to drink 4 or 5 glasses of water.