video edit software rec's

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com
Oh wise and benevolent erbb please recommend a video editor software for 2021. I currently have Adobe Premiere CS6, Adobe After Effects CS6 and with the amount of time wasted banging on the keyboard all of my video should have been edited. Specifically, am able to tweek gain and gamma with Adobe Speed Grade but can’t do anything with the ircp file that it creates. Also, only the first couple of transitions work correctly. It’s possible that Adobe is not helping with old versions in order to sell the “CC” versions but renting a software that you’ve already paid thousands for is particularly galling. Would buying Adobe Premiere Elements at Amazon for $60 to unlock the failing features of Premier, After Effects and Speed Grade be worth it?

At one time the word here on the erbb was buy an Apple computer if only to edit with final cut pro but that may have fallen into the black hole of corporate shenanigans. Currently, what is the best value for amateur video editing?

Reactions: keenfish

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
somewhere i have a link to every adobe product hacked to work for free, works great
sony vegas is pretty good too, but ti think theyve changed the name

Reactions: surf-shot.com

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Oh wise and benevolent erbb please recommend a video editor software for 2021. I currently have Adobe Premiere CS6, Adobe After Effects CS6 and with the amount of time wasted banging on the keyboard all of my video should have been edited. Specifically, am able to tweek gain and gamma with Adobe Speed Grade but can’t do anything with the ircp file that it creates. Also, only the first couple of transitions work correctly. It’s possible that Adobe is not helping with old versions in order to sell the “CC” versions but renting a software that you’ve already paid thousands for is particularly galling. Would buying Adobe Premiere Elements at Amazon for $60 to unlock the failing features of Premier, After Effects and Speed Grade be worth it?

At one time the word here on the erbb was buy an Apple computer if only to edit with final cut pro but that may have fallen into the black hole of corporate shenanigans. Currently, what is the best value for amateur video editing?

stfu

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Go to ppro 2021 or whatever since itll be familiar (its still a buggy piece of crap IMO, like walking on eggshells editing) 30 bucks a month i hate it tho

Davinci Resolve is free and pretty edit capable plus top of the line color and audio. Full version is like 200 bucks or something and adds all the K's and some fancy noise reduction.

FCP 10 $300.00 silly piece of software but may suit your needs

I personally use Avid MC but w/o knowing what youre doing am hesitant to recommend, it could be overkill and the included color stuff is effective but ol school and sort of cumbersome to use. its like 30 bucks a month subscription style.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Davinci Resolve is really good, but I have Final cut pro that may or may not have come from questionable sources. I have "Little Snitch" installed just to make sure applications don't "call home" ;)

Dec 3, 2020
When I bought my new computer, it was a Dell. I heard that there are good and highly functional monitors in this industry that will last for many years. I decided to believe the reviews and bought one. Along with the computer I received several installed applications. From this list I only used a few of them: Adobe, Paint, softorbits, Excel, Word. There were also some ad blockers and antiviruses but I did not see any useful features for my computer.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
When I bought my new computer, it was a Dell. I heard that there are good and highly functional monitors in this industry that will last for many years. I decided to believe the reviews and bought one. Along with the computer I received several installed applications. From this list I only used a few of them: Adobe, Paint, softorbits, Excel, Word. There were also some ad blockers and antiviruses but I did not see any useful features for my computer.
Surfer ERBB has the strangest forum bots ever

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
My new neighbor had the blinds open the other day and has some sort of setup with 8 full size monitors.

I have no idea what he's doing with it.

That movie 13 Cameras comes to mind though.

• Haha
Reactions: r32
May 22, 2020
If you're looking for a cost-effective and easy-to-use video editing software for 2023, you might want to try online trailer maker. This software allows you to create professional-looking trailers, teasers, and other promotional videos without requiring any prior editing experience. It offers a range of customizable templates, including pre-made transitions, graphics, and sound effects, as well as tools to edit and customize your footage.

Last edited:

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Jun 7, 2015
Absolutely, I've had my share of struggles with Adobe CS6 too. Felt like I was constantly hitting a wall with its limitations and bugs. So, I decided to try out DaVinci Resolve based on some recommendations I found online. Honestly, it's been a revelation. It's free, which initially had me skeptical, but it handles tasks like color correction and transitions seamlessly. The transition from Adobe's interface was a bit challenging at first, but there's a wealth of tutorials available that made it easier.

I also gave this video editing software a shot for a specific project. It's another free tool and quite user-friendly. I was impressed with its features, considering it didn't cost anything. It was perfect for that project where I needed to do some quick edits without the complexity of Adobe.

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I love shooting pictures but I hate video. I have Adobe Premier and Premier Rush. I can fumble my way through editing video but it takes me forever and I don't have the patience for it and don't enjoy it the way I do editing photos with Lightroom and Photoshop.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I love shooting pictures but I hate video. I have Adobe Premier and Premier Rush. I can fumble my way through editing video but it takes me forever and I don't have the patience for it and don't enjoy it the way I do editing photos with Lightroom and Photoshop.
I'm the literal opposite - if I wasn't an old fuck, I'd change career. In another life I would have loved to be a video editor or the like.

Reactions: GromsDad and sdsrfr

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I'm the literal opposite - if I wasn't an old fuck, I'd change career. In another life I would have loved to be a video editor or the like.
I can literally spend 15 minutes on a single frame or a couple of hours getting a sequence of frames absolutely perfect in Lightroom and Photoshop and I really enjoy working with the software. With video I just get frustrated. Its a big learning curve that requires time and patience. I have a great deal of respect for the guys who put out top quality video content.

Reactions: waxfoot

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I can literally spend 15 minutes on a single frame or a couple of hours getting a sequence of frames absolutely perfect in Lightroom and Photoshop and I really enjoy working with the software. With video I just get frustrated. Its a big learning curve that requires time and patience. I have a great deal of respect for the guys who put out top quality video content.
You make a good point - I do love to think I'd get into it, but I do have an issue with attention deficit ( both my kids inherited my ADHD). I'll hyper focus up to a point, and then I tend to go "fuck it" and rush things towards the end on any project I work on :D That doesn't bode well for that line of work haha.