Vegan influencer comes clean

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
You'll laugh, but the one thing I miss is Spam. It's a Hawaii thing.
Surprisingly, I don't miss Poke/Sashimi, even though I grew up with a chunk in my hand - dad ran charter fishing boat.
you may have said it earlier, but why eschew the local fish?

You mentioned Game Changers but that was only recently .....you been vego for a while, yes?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
6 years or so. Like I said, meat (any kind) didn't taste the same to me after a month off of it.
Prefer vegetarian/vegan food, but no fake meat BS.

I'm not anti-meat, I'm pro-vegetable.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I’ve never understood wanting a vegan food that looks like meat.
What I think is hilarious are all the people who go out of their way to eat organic / non-gmo / sustainably farmed / locally grown vegetarian diets who love their Impossible Burgers. That stuff is GMO-based chemical stew made in an industrial lab.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
What I think is hilarious are all the people who go out of their way to eat organic / non-gmo / sustainably farmed / locally grown vegetarian diets who love their Impossible Burgers. That stuff is GMO-based chemical stew made in an industrial lab.
Our vegan friend (the one in the picture I posted in the other thread) is super organic/vegan etc.

She also takes MDMA (which my wife and I appreciated greatly, a couple of times).

Pancakes15

OTF status
Mar 17, 2015
I agree.

Lots of Vegans are Vegan not for health reasons but more for status/anti-meat/etc. reasons. They eat terrible and look terrible. They're no different from meat eaters who eat like sh!t too. I'd say the majority of Vegans are like this, thus it gives meat eaters zero incentive to switch to plant based.

Basically the majority of the U.S. is so confused on what to eat, what's actually healthy, what diet works, etc. etc. At the end of the day in the U.S., whether you eat meat or not, people eat terrible and I'd venture to say the majority of people commenting on this thread are above 15/20% body fat and have zero credibility on trying to tell other people what diet is better than another.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W