Vegan influencer comes clean

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Been vegetarian/vegan for 6 years - 100% vegetarian but majority of my meals end up being vegan. It's weird how interested others are in what I'm eating, what I'm not eating, what I'm lacking, what I should be eating, etc. It's really weird.

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
It was my friend. He does her sales in her DM's. She posted a story about going meat and the outrage, response and DM's were insane. So buddy told her to delete the story and they make an official push about it, setup photoshoot, contact media, etc.

This is only my personal opinion, but I think many food or diet related "influencers" have eating disorders, pressured by the constant photos/videos needed to supply content and masked by whatever fad diet they are on.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Gramps brother lived to 106 (and his wife to 99), ate cereal most mornings, lots of pasta, meat, had his scotch at night, managed to be born at a time that made him too young or too old for every war of the 1900's, stress free engineering career. Good genetics and not getting cancer or an unfortunate accident helps.
106 is a long road.

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
foie gras is the shiiiiiit!
We go over to France 1, maybe 2 times a year. Whenever I've ordered foie gras, they typically bring me a fvckin' slab. Now, I'm pretty good about finishing my meals, but I've cried uncle a few times. Normally, the fussy waiter shakes his head at me, but then is kind enough to wrap it up for leftovers.

This has happened with other meals as well. We were once at a Basque place in the Marais; we had been cruising around, and it was wet and cold. (Like to go in the spring when there's nothing going on in Calif.) The waiter brought me this cook pot that could have served 4 people, and a 1 ton hunk of cheese. He then expected me to eat all of it. Again, I'm a pretty good eater, but there way no way I was getting anywhere through all that.

Once again, the rueful shaking of the head, as if I had personally failed him. Sorry, French dude!

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
We go over to France 1, maybe 2 times a year. Whenever I've ordered foie gras, they typically bring me a fvckin' slab. Now, I'm pretty good about finishing my meals, but I've cried uncle a few times. Normally, the fussy waiter shakes his head at me, but then is kind enough to wrap it up for leftovers.

This has happened with other meals as well. We were once at a Basque place in the Marais; we had been cruising around, and it was wet and cold. (Like to go in the spring when there's nothing going on in Calif.) The waiter brought me this cook pot that could have served 4 people, and a 1 ton hunk of cheese. He then expected me to eat all of it. Again, I'm a pretty good eater, but there way no way I was getting anywhere through all that.

Once again, the rueful shaking of the head, as if I had personally failed him. Sorry, French dude!
You're doing it wrong.... :sneaky:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Been vegetarian/vegan for 6 years - 100% vegetarian but majority of my meals end up being vegan. It's weird how interested others are in what I'm eating, what I'm not eating, what I'm lacking, what I should be eating, etc. It's really weird.
You're not sending the message of safety to the group.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
‘Nobody cares what you’re eating.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Think so? I'm not a vegan, but it seems to me caloric intake, proper nutrition, staying away from processed foods, and keeping it mellow with sugars, carbs, etc. is more important. Vegan diets can be completely disastrous for your health if not managed properly, but if the person is informed and making good choices I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it. It does seem like a lot of work and inconvenience though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woke AF

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
The majority of Americans eat meat/eggs/dairy for every meal. The U.S. leads the world in Heart Disease, Obesity, Cancer rates, (insert any other health related problem).

It's called a Western disease for a reason. Wake up folks.

Wrong. The western diet has not increased in meat ingestion. It has increased in twinkies and ice cream .....carbohydrates.

Past that, please show us a study which isolates fat and meat ingestion vs carbohydrate ingestion as causes of modern western diseases. There are none. The only mainstream studies you can quote pit fat and carb eaters against carb eaters.

Fat is a multiplier of adverse carb effects. Carbs are the problem. These studies are incapable of isolating disease causes.

Reactions: JDJ and fishtank

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Veganism and vegetarianism have in common that devotees use carbohydrates as their only source of macronutrient. People require macronutrients. Unlike vegans and vegetarians tout, lettuce won't supply it. They get macronutrient from carbohydrates, and not fat