Vegan influencer comes clean

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
A buddy of mine runs her back end. She sells life coaching ("Mindset Transformation" LOL) and this is just a media ploy.

You don't want to know what she charges for coaching and how many clients she has.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I'm on a carnivorous meat and fat diet. It was the only way to place my neurofibromatoma and lupus symptoms into remission.

It works.

Reactions: Bman76

Pancakes15

OTF status
Mar 17, 2015
The majority of Americans eat meat/eggs/dairy for every meal. The U.S. leads the world in Heart Disease, Obesity, Cancer rates, (insert any other health related problem).

It's called a Western disease for a reason. Wake up folks.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The majority of Americans eat meat/eggs/dairy for every meal. The U.S. leads the world in Heart Disease, Obesity, Cancer rates, (insert any other health related problem).

It's called a Western disease for a reason. Wake up folks.

Learn the difference between epidemiological versus randomized control studies, and relative risk versus absolute risk, then get back to us.

Ok, I'll save you some work. Epidemiology relies on food surveys and do not account for factors that often accompany those food choices. Those who go vegetarian for health reasons are less likely to smoke, more likely exercise, etc. While those who eat hot dogs and cheeseburgers regularly are probably not very health conscious to begin with, and probably eat a lot of other processed crap, which leads to obesity.

As for health consequences related to meat eating being a "Western Disease", that huge study that showed processed meat consumption being linked to cancer only showed an increased risk in the US. That was not true for Europe. Which indicates that there could be other factors unique to the US that are positively correlated with increased processed meat consumption, such as high trans fats, lack of movement, obesity, etc.

Also, the increases commonly cited are increases in relative risk, not absolute. For example, if 40 out of 100,000 men in a given country will have colon cancer, and there is a 20% increase in risk, then that number goes from 40 to 48 out of 100,000. While that does add up to a lot of people on a country-wide basis, on an individual risk level that is almost nothing. Which is what the increase was in that study with processed meat consumption. Compare that to smoking, where your risk of developing cancer is well over 1000% compared to being a non-smoker.

There is really no strong evidence that removing meat from a well balanced, varied, and calorie controlled diet is likely to improve health outcomes.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I hear heart is amazing. Last time I got some pheasant I meant to keep a few, but my buddy who cleaned them already tossed them before I realized.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I hear heart is amazing. Last time I got some pheasant I meant to keep a few, but my buddy who cleaned them already tossed them before I realized.
Beef heart is pretty tasty. Look up a Peruvian "anticucho" recipe for a marinade and throw it on the grill.

Although I have a hard time calling beef heart organ meat, because it's also a muscle and tastes more like one.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Learn the difference between epidemiological versus randomized control studies, and relative risk versus absolute risk, then get back to us.

Ok, I'll save you some work. Epidemiology relies on food surveys and do not account for factors that often accompany those food choices. Those who go vegetarian for health reasons are less likely to smoke, more likely exercise, etc. While those who eat hot dogs and cheeseburgers regularly are probably not very health conscious to begin with, and probably eat a lot of other processed crap, which leads to obesity.

As for health consequences related to meat eating being a "Western Disease", that huge study that showed processed meat consumption being linked to cancer only showed an increased risk in the US. That was not true for Europe. Which indicates that there could be other factors unique to the US that are positively correlated with increased processed meat consumption, such as high trans fats, lack of movement, obesity, etc.

Also, the increases commonly cited are increases in relative risk, not absolute. For example, if 40 out of 100,000 men in a given country will have colon cancer, and there is a 20% increase in risk, then that number goes from 40 to 48 out of 100,000. While that does add up to a lot of people on a country-wide basis, on an individual risk level that is almost nothing. Which is what the increase was in that study with processed meat consumption. Compare that to smoking, where your risk of developing cancer is well over 1000% compared to being a non-smoker.

There is really no strong evidence that removing meat from a well balanced, varied, and calorie controlled diet is likely to improve health outcomes.
I think it's food quality, macros, and calorie consumption.

Reactions: grapedrink

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I looked at her instagram and it's mostly pics of her posing, some inspirational quotes and a small amount of vegan stuff. Doesn't seem like she was a vegan influencer of any sort compared to the ones that do stuff like organize vegan pig vigils outside the slaughterhouse trucks and give the animals water out of sippy bottles and gather their "facts" from propaganda movies and orgs like What the Health and PETA.
Re organs, that's where my gag reflux might start kicking in: liver and foie gras (puke), kidneys, tongue, sweet breads, etc. yuk.

tsenn

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 11, 2004
san diego
Once again, look at it backwards...who lives the longest and what do they eat? Check into Blue Zones...

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Once again, look at it backwards...who lives the longest and what do they eat? Check into Blue Zones...
Sure, but you also have to look beyond what they eat. Lifestyle, family connections, air/water quality, political stability, etc also play a huge role.

Reactions: tsenn

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Gramps brother lived to 106 (and his wife to 99), ate cereal most mornings, lots of pasta, meat, had his scotch at night, managed to be born at a time that made him too young or too old for every war of the 1900's, stress free engineering career. Good genetics and not getting cancer or an unfortunate accident helps.

Reactions: Bman76