Varial foam Article/Ride Reports?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I can’t see a real world advantage.

Ok durability from cracks but when the foam is not going to take on water… does it matter?

kinda interesting any flex benefit disappears if not team light.

Reactions: JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
can you get akilas boards in varial or just dukes?
Seems like they are only offering dukes models. I think he’s in OC a lot.

I believe they had a few Akilas as stock boards a couple years ago when he came and shaped a few there during CA trip. It sounded like he was open to do more at the time, but then pandemic, and maybe he has moved onto experimenting deep with EPS options himself in HI after working with KS.

Reactions: hotCheetos and JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
anyone else stalk the Varial stock page and notice a few Pyzels pop up on there today? That's new, isn't it?
stocked to see that option for a mini ghost or the upcoming twin...

Reactions: Aruka and sdsrfr

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
anyone else stalk the Varial stock page and notice a few Pyzels pop up on there today? That's new, isn't it?
stocked to see that option for a mini ghost or the upcoming twin...

I saw it too. Would love to get a carbon wrapped mini ghost. I think I'll write them and see if they're doing Pyzels now

Reactions: Aruka

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Are the Aipa varial foam customs (dark twinn, dark horse, and wrecking ball) Duke shape or Aipa or do they CAD shape file and ghost finish off?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I always wanted a twinn growing up Dane Kealoha not reynolds was my hereo:shaka: Wondering go for or go to Akila and ship:foreheadslap: Are the rails super foiled then and non bulky? Thinking going 5'6" x19"-19.5" x2.5".

Last edited:
Reactions: trifish