Varial foam Article/Ride Reports?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Have 2 customs from Varial, did them both differently.

plasmic I enailed back and forth with shaper for dims, then forwarded email to Varial asking how to order. They sent me a link to checkout and then eventually got an order card from them (not order confirmation) to confirm the dims, and notes to be sent to the shaper. After some back and forth and last minute changes with varial for layup and lams, the board was ordered and I got exactly what I wanted.

for the moonstone I did the online checkout for the shape by myself, then emailed them saying I’m still finalizing dims with album on the side and to standby on final order card. Few edits to dims resulted in an extra charge for more length which was a separate checkout link. Eventually got my order card to approve and the board arrived exactly as ordered 8wks later.

when doing the order card is when I put in notes as specific as saying I wanted a shallow butt crack swallow tail and gave an example photo of one from online.

Reactions: jkb, j_mac and JDJ

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Varial guy Paul is A+ in my book with customer service.
+1 on Paul. The whole team is great. I YOLO'd a 6'9 Townsend from their "coming soon" section and
drove over to ask questions about the board.His team brought it out (wasn't sanded yet) and gave a chance to feel it up etc. They pushed it through it bit quicker after seeing my stoke meter rising as well. I live 7 minutes away so if anyone ever needs me to cruise over before work and feel up up a board, let me know.

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
Varial Stamps Flare 5.8x20x2.38 glass schedule 4x6/4 weighed 2.635 grs.
Moonstone pintail 6'7x19.3/4x2.5 tinted 6x4/6 3.150 grs.

4x6/4 feels like the best compromise for everyday conditions.
Moonstone feels solid. How it's supposed to feels.

Once again, top notch packing. Best in business for overseas shipping.tempImageNeynCW.jpgtempImagezruYbN.jpg

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Varial Stamps Flare 5.8x20x2.38 glass schedule 4x6/4 weighed 2.635 grs.
Moonstone pintail 6'7x19.3/4x2.5 tinted 6x4/6 3.150 grs.

4x6/4 feels like the best compromise for everyday conditions.
Moonstone feels solid. How it's supposed to feels.

Once again, top notch packing. Best in business for overseas shipping.View attachment 155340View attachment 155341
Those do look fire. Just curious if you ordered the Moonstoned with channels through varial or album.

Reactions: dcurbelo