Utah becomes the first state to mandate “half and a ride”

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
You take that back, Billy isn't gay!

Link

Blurb:

Few men would kick “The Body” out of bed, but Billy Joel kicked Elle Macpherson out of the apartment they shared.

The Aussie supermodel revealed on “Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen” that she and Joel, 69, were cohabitating when he brought Brinkley, 64, home for the first time.

“We were living together. I had the upstairs … in Central Park West,” said Macpherson, 54. “We were friendly, and I think he was dating Christie at the time, just starting to. So yeah, I got ousted.”

The stunner admitted that she didn’t think she or Brinkley individually inspired Joel’s smash “Uptown Girls,” despite Brinkley starring in the music video for the tune.

“I think it was all the uptown girls, put it that way,” she said diplomatically. “I don’t need to take ownership over that. He liked tall girls.”

It wasn’t for naught: Joel and Brinkley went on to tie the knot and welcomed daughter Alexa Ray Joel in 1985 before divorcing in 1994.
Ode to Billie Joe, not to Billy Joel the Piano Man

• Haha
Reactions: donuts

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Isn’t Limp Bizkit classic rock now?
pretty sure i’ve never heard a lmpbzkt song.
it’s nice to be so pure...

the first year i moved to sullivan st. the church up the block still was putting on their street fair (one week each may...). i lived on the second floor and i can’t recall what kind of stand was in front of my apt., but they kept playing all his tunes all day, non-stop. so i got several lifetime doses of that cornball sh:t that week.

lesson: nyc italians love billy joel. and not just for scenes from an italian restaurant.

10 or so years later, they got rid of the street fair (feast of saint ‘antnees‘...) and i was really sad about that.:roflmao: but that first year!:foreheadslap:

thank fvvking god and saint anthony they weren’t into bon jovi!!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
pretty sure i’ve never heard a lmpbzkt song.
it’s nice to be so pure...

the first year i moved to sullivan st. the church up the block still was putting on their street fair (one week each may...). i lived on the second floor and i can’t recall what kind of stand was in front of my apt., but they kept playing all his tunes all day, non-stop. so i got several lifetime doses of that cornball sh:t that week.

lesson: nyc italians love billy joel. and not just for scenes from an italian restaurant.

10 or so years later, they got rid of the street fair (feast of saint ‘antnees‘...) and i was really sad about that.:roflmao: but that first year!:foreheadslap:

thank fvvking god and saint anthony they weren’t into bon jovi!!
I used to go to Sullivan street to buy records at Generation and we’d pound sake at the sushi spot next door that would always hook us up. I don’t remember the name of yeh place but Mel Gibson ate there once. They had all these color printer pics of him looking uncomfortable with the staff posing with him in the window. There was a hot girl on the second floor across the street who’d always be working out in the window. 89’s Jane Fonda aerobics just bouncing around and we’d sit and watch while we sipped our sake.

Reactions: hal9000

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
I used to go to Sullivan street to buy records at Generation and we’d pound sake at the sushi spot next door that would always hook us up. I don’t remember the name of yeh place but Mel Gibson ate there once. They had all these color printer pics of him looking uncomfortable with the staff posing with him in the window. There was a hot girl on the second floor across the street who’d always be working out in the window. 89’s Jane Fonda aerobics just bouncing around and we’d sit and watch while we sipped our sake.
that was north of houston = village
i was south of houston = soho

there was a sushi place i’d occasionally go to
near there, but i can’t remember if it was on thompson or sullivan... i think chinese people ran it - sushi was o.k., but the green tea ice cream was the best! my regular was blue ribbon, since it was across the street - trendier crowd...:p

did you ever hit tomoe sushi? not sure if it’s still there, but all the asian chicks i knew loved that place cause the pieces of fish were gigundo enormous all the time. always a line to get in though.

what about oman for jap ? and did you ever hit aggies, macdougal & houston ? excellent breakfast/lunch, dinner was good too - best coffee in nyc! plus for a year or so the was a really cute waitress in there with great xl t!ts.
she got accepted up at yale grad school to do the photography program...

that was a really great neighborhood then!

i have more of a real reason to dislike trump than any of the asswipe lefties in this place ‘cause of that stupid hotel he built down there to cater to riff-raff from connecticut...

:cursing:

edit: best record shops:
free being - 2nd ave. east village
sounds - st. marks pl
record runner & rebel rebel - west village
rocks in your head - prince st. soho

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
that was north of houston = village
i was south of houston = soho

there was a sushi place i’d occasionally go to
near there, but i can’t remember if it was on thompson or sullivan... i think chinese people ran it - sushi was o.k., but the green tea ice cream was the best! my regular was blue ribbon, since it was across the street - trendier crowd...:p

did you ever hit tomoe sushi? not sure if it’s still there, but all the asian chicks i knew loved that place cause the pieces of fish were gigundo enormous all the time. always a line to get in though.

what about oman for jap ? and did you ever hit aggies, macdougal & houston ? excellent breakfast/lunch, dinner was good too - best coffee in nyc! plus for a year or so the was a really cute waitress in there with great xl t!ts.
she got accepted up at yale grad school to do the photography program...

that was a really great neighborhood then!

i have more of a real reason to dislike trump than any of the asswipe lefties in this place ‘cause of that stupid hotel he built down there to cater to riff-raff from connecticut...

edit: best record shops:
free being - 2nd ave. east village
sounds - st. marks pl
record runner & rebel rebel - west village
rocks in your head - prince st. soho

Sh!t! just realized I confused Thomson with Sullivan. That's how much of a tourist I am in NYC these days. It's been more than 20yrs since I lived there.

But yeah I've been to Tomoe many times. When I was a broke college kid that was the special occasion throw down spot for us. The wait was annoying, especially in that covered awning in the winter but it proved to be a good place to meet girls on more than one occasion.

Don't know aggies. All my breakfast spots were in brooklyn and are prob long gone. Johns Donut on Myrtle 6am after all-nighters.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
donut has been to New York. I think he even lived there!
wow, you got me hairball.

just think, if i had spent all that time in texas instead, i might’ve been as much of an assh*le as you. think how woke i could pretend to be.

pro tip: underlining type is the sign of an amateur. try stick wit itals or bld...

:loser:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house

Sh!t! just realized I confused Thomson with Sullivan. That's how much of a tourist I am in NYC these days. It's been more than 20yrs since I lived there.

But yeah I've been to Tomoe many times. When I was a broke college kid that was the special occasion throw down spot for us. The wait was annoying, especially in that covered awning in the winter but it proved to be a good place to meet girls on more than one occasion.

Don't know aggies. All my breakfast spots were in brooklyn and are prob long gone. Johns Donut on Myrtle 6am after all-nighters.

:roflmao:

i lived on thompson for a few years before i moved around the corner to sullivan, and for as long as i lived there i could never remember what was on either of those streets for the few blocks north of houston.

one time at tomoe i managed to spill the better part of a bottle of soy sauce onto the leg of a really glammed-up expensive prostitute-looking russian wench. i was like “sorry! sorry! sorry!” when i leaned over towards her i could see her shoe was filled up with sauce. :roflmao: i was super embarrassed, but trying not to laugh. our table was me, a woman from work, and this comedian gay print salesman we used a lot. right after i splashed her, he goes loudly, “bon apetit!”

i shoulda at least offered her a twenty towards the dry cleaners, and if they were italian and gave off the vibe of mob girlfriends, i might have thought of it sooner.

you remember the trick people used to do with salt shakers? unscrew the cap and put it back on, but still unscrewed, so all the salt pours out when you try to use it? well someone did that with the soy sauce bottle,
it’s too bad they didn’t get to see the result!
(maybe it was one of the sneaky tomoe waitstaff ?)

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
:roflmao:

i lived on thompson for a few years before i moved around the corner to sullivan, and for as long as i lived there i could never remember what was on either of those streets for the few blocks north of houston.

one time at tomoe i managed to spill the better part of a bottle of soy sauce onto the leg of a really glammed-up expensive prostitute-looking russian wench. i was like “sorry! sorry! sorry!” when i leaned over towards her i could see her shoe was filled up with sauce. :roflmao: i was super embarrassed, but trying not to laugh. our table was me, a woman from work, and this comedian gay print salesman we used a lot. right after i splashed her, he goes loudly, “bon apetit!”

i shoulda at least offered her a twenty towards the dry cleaners, and if they were italian and gave off the vibe of mob girlfriends, i might have thought of it sooner.

you remember the trick people used to do with salt shakers? unscrew the cap and put it back on, but still unscrewed, so all the salt pours out when you try to use it? well someone did that with the soy sauce bottle,
it’s too bad they didn’t get to see the result!
(maybe it was one of the sneaky tomoe waitstaff ?)

I remember one time I was in Pt Judith Rhode Island eating fish and chips with my father and one of his friends at some restaurant. My father gave him sh!t for asking for ketchup with his fries. Waiter brings over the bottle and he opened it up and the fvcking thing popped like a bottle of champagne and covered the couple eating at the table next to us. It felt like it was staged. Like a blooper show. All over their clothes, in their hair, it was glorious. To this day I have no idea how it happened.

Reactions: donuts