US made fins

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
I believe Fibre Glass Fin Co. (Larry Allison's company) in Torrance makes their stuff in house, but they seem to mostly cater to SUP's and longboards these days.
you guys remember when ProboxLarry would come on here and get all butt hurt about LokBox and try to joust with JJR? Some funny chit. He was kind of a goon on here.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Made in NH. I’m intrigued. But wouldn’t all carbon fin be stiff without much flex at all?
anyone tried + liked them in average waves?
i have the upright twins. basically the TA template. they are nicely made. very lightweight. not stiff at all, very twangy. they have too much cant for a straight twin but I like them as twin/trailer.

Reactions: oeste858

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Made in NH. I’m intrigued. But wouldn’t all carbon fin be stiff without much flex at all?
anyone tried + liked them in average waves?
Only griffin could answer that ? So you may have to wait a minute or two :drowning:

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Ttboi
Oct 30, 2019
re: https://www.drabfins.com - the construction allows fine control of flex and he tests thoroughly ( the manufacturer is a very good surfer ) ..... so each fin is made to have reasonable flex for its intended purpose.

yes I've used them in average to below average waves ... I *hate* the high flex fins like rasta keels from futures ... drab makes a keel with reasonable flex/return that works pretty well in a small twin fin (5'4) in small waves. I'd like to try more of his fins but ...... you know. too many boards too many fins not much waves/time.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
This drab feller also has a nice looking collab small keel fin for the FM with Mr. Lovelace.

Reactions: sdsrfr

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
re: https://www.drabfins.com - the construction allows fine control of flex and he tests thoroughly ( the manufacturer is a very good surfer ) ..... so each fin is made to have reasonable flex for its intended purpose.

yes I've used them in average to below average waves ... I *hate* the high flex fins like rasta keels from futures ... drab makes a keel with reasonable flex/return that works pretty well in a small twin fin (5'4) in small waves. I'd like to try more of his fins but ...... you know. too many boards too many fins not much waves/time.
Funny. I love the high flex fins like the Rasta upright twin from futures… for the soft mushy average waves I typically surf. I do like stiffer fins in waves with more push, but that’s why I asked. Fins are so subjective.

Reactions: Aruka

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Funny. I love the high flex fins like the Rasta upright twin from futures… for the soft mushy average waves I typically surf. I do like stiffer fins in waves with more push, but that’s why I asked. Fins are so subjective.
Can you elaborate on why you like the flexy ones in soft mushy average surf? MOAR better hop-pump for gogogogogo speed generation?

Reactions: Aruka