Urination

In a crowded lineup when the morning coffee (or whatever prior beverage) makes it to my bladder...

• I urinate.

• I paddle or wait until I'm away from others and then I urinate.

• I hold it. Going peepee in the ocean is icky.

Results are only viewable after voting.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm pretty convinced surfers swim in more **** than any other group on the planet, perhaps even more than the fetish pervs.

As this forum is the most influential website in surfing we are obligated to give back with this sort of definitive research.

This poll is dedicated to Clayster and is entirely anonymous.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
I'm pretty convinced surfers swim in more **** than any other group on the planet, perhaps even more than the fetish pervs.

As this forum is the most influential website in surfing we are obligated to give back with this sort of definitive research.

This poll is dedicated to Clayster and is entirely anonymous.
Ran out of fecal topics did you?:)

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I start peeing as I walk down to the water.
The shop team groms used to do that and flick it at each other :ROFLMAO:nasty fvckers.
I try not to pee in my wetsuit so it will last longer, like Duffy said, but I'm about 50/50 success rate there.

How many surfers would have to pee in the ocean to make it as high percentage pee as any public pool, or water park? Who wants to do the math? How do we account for filtration?

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
I stopped peeing in my wetsuit a few years ago and they last longer because of it.
do you hold it? do you only surf till you have to pee? do you liquid fast before paddling out? do you walk onto the beach, unleash the duffdong and let everyone bask in the light of your glistening golden stream?

I dont know how you dont wind up peeing in it. I guess I could surf the sandbars in front of the bathrooms but Im slightly more concerned about walking around barefoot in them.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
do you hold it? do you only surf till you have to pee? do you liquid fast before paddling out? do you walk onto the beach, unleash the duffdong and let everyone bask in the light of your glistening golden stream?

I dont know how you dont wind up peeing in it. I guess I could surf the sandbars in front of the bathrooms but Im slightly more concerned about walking around barefoot in them.
I pee before suiting up and that keeps me good to go for as long as I need to surf.

Reactions: Lohena

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Lola I am super courteous to others in this regard but it's non issue as I try not to pee in my newest wetsuits. Once it's done it's done though and if I leave that suit in my pickup bed overnight sometimes a neighborhood cat will spray and a few times if said suit is left hanging outside overnight he will actually get the suit which is the worst. Smells like skunk and I try to keep that smell out of my vehicle. Avoid the search factor ridin doity.
Any given summer day in town there 300,000 people peeing in the sea, that's pretty sick. So of you all poop too so fook!!

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Just so I can contribute meaning full content to this

Take a leak right before you go out. Are you drinking when you are in the lineup? If not, Shirley you can hold it for 3 hours, if not, you might want to see a urologist.

No way would I pee in a wetsuit.

Reactions: Lohena

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Just so I can contribute meaning full content to this

Take a leak right before you go out. Are you drinking when you are in the lineup? If not, Shirley you can hold it for 3 hours, if not, you might want to see a urologist.

No way would I pee in a wetsuit.

Immersion in cold water speeds up the weeing, so not as much choice in the matter.

But don't believe me, believe this.

Blurb:

If cold temperature combines with ambient water pressure to stimulate the Henry-Gauer reflex in humans, then free water clearance (CH2O) should be greater during immersion in cold water (29.8 degrees C) than during exposure to cold air (14.8 degrees C) or immersion in thermoneutral water (35 degrees C). Urinary responses to these environments were compared with control measurements made during 6 h of sitting in thermoneutral air (27.6 degrees C). CH2O was not significantly greater in cold water than in the other environments. Rather, the diuretic response was characterized by an increased osmolar clearance (P less than 0.05). Cold temperature and water pressure additively raised urinary output during cold water immersion, with ambient water pressure accounting for two-thirds of the urinary water loss. An elevated rate of sodium excretion (P less than 0.05) began significantly earlier in cold water than in thermoneutral water. This effect of low temperature might have resulted from cold-induced vasoconstriction, since cold temperatures was observed to reduce the foot volume. Sodium excretion was inversely proportional to vital capacity, indicating a responsiveness of the kidney to expansion of the central blood volume. In addition to the effects of water pressure and cold temperature, urinary function was also sensitive to time. The rate of potassium excretion was significantly elevated at min 199 of exposure to all environments. Failure of CH2O to increase above control values indicated that the human diuretic response to cold water immersion is atypical for the Henry-Gauer reflex.