Update Zamora HP Fish

centralcoastlurker

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 11, 2003
35.1800° N, 120.7308° W
zamore hp fish.jpg
I finally got around to cleaning the wax off this board. I bought it in 2009 and still ride it today. Zamora HP fish made with Resin X. Board goes insane in the crappy waves I surf locally. I probably surf it too much. Doesn't go as well in steeper stuff--wants to slide out when you're cranking turns in the pocket. I love it and would get another. I can't believe it has lasted this long. Must be the Resin X?
Cheers! CCL

Brrr

Nep status
Mar 4, 2008
Roe Dylin
www.worshipskateboards.com
View attachment 90935
I finally got around to cleaning the wax off this board. I bought it in 2009 and still ride it today. Zamora HP fish made with Resin X. Board goes insane in the crappy waves I surf locally. I probably surf it too much. Doesn't go as well in steeper stuff--wants to slide out when you're cranking turns in the pocket. I love it and would get another. I can't believe it has lasted this long. Must be the Resin X?
Cheers! CCL

Still one of my top 10 boards I've ever surfed and owned. I'm getting one this year, just ca't decide between keel or quad.

Reactions: Aruka

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
He shows up in the Tower Square surf ghetto from time to time. Occasional cuts and glassing.

Resin X. Whoa. I'm pretty sure they went away. Trippy stuff.

Reactions: centralcoastlurker

centralcoastlurker

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 11, 2003
35.1800° N, 120.7308° W
This board was eps/ resin x. Not sure if that is totally obvious to the experts, but it's not to me lol.
The reason I posted pics of this board was that I had accidentally left my board in the back of my truck for a few days (tonneau covered) during a heat wave up here and all the wax melted to the rails. I'm one of the lazy folks who never changes their wax. I'm pretty sure I never changed the wax on this board in those 11 years. Was surprised at how good of condition the deck was in!! RESIN X was/is the sh!t!!! Proof is in the pudding!

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I took an HP shortboard that was glassed with Resin X, laid it deck down in the shop, and then at 210 pounds or so, stepped onto the board. It de-flexed and flattened out on the carpet. Then I jumped off of the board and it re-flexed so fast the board levitated slightly off of the carpet. Board was fine.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I don't know. If they were smart they probably took the tech and sold it to a different industry where they could actually make a few a bucks.