Unreal waves for regular humans

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Craig Anderson is like a buck thirty, human pencil with mechanical oars for arms and strong legs. The boat guy is claiming "cwaig cwaig cwaig" and he probably had a 20+ wave day. Show us video of you surfing DOH-TOH+ Kandui or reputable spot on your 4'11"-5'4". :monkey:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Craig Anderson is like a buck thirty, human pencil with mechanical oars for arms and strong legs. The boat guy is claiming "cwaig cwaig cwaig" and he probably had a 20+ wave day. Show us video of you surfing DOH-TOH+ Kandui or reputable spot on your 4'11"-5'4". :monkey:
Most of the people featured in the video I shared were not Craig Anderson. One was an old guy in a helmet wearing shoes...it looks like people who aren't world class talented were making it on bombs. :shrug: sometimes the waves are just that good, or that good of a fit.
I don't mind shallow water. Sewers breaks so shallow that I've lost fins in the reef bottom turning on big days. It's the deep water everything moving around too much lost at sea stuff that scares me. :drowning:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
The boat guy is claiming "cwaig cwaig cwaig" and he probably had a 20+ wave day.
it's one of the kandui resort photographers, many local mentawai people working at the resort. they don't get to surf as much as you would think.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I remember a post from BI a while back - he said it was the most technical wave he ever surfed or something like that. He's prolly surfed more scary lefts than all of us combined. Still tho, it would be hard to not go if you were there. . . .

Reactions: santacruzin

JLW

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 7, 2004
Looks very treacherous on the inside....but it would be really hard to pass that up. Maybe if there was a more protected spot that was clean/smaller and perfect I'd surf there instead. But if there were no other options, I feel like I'd have to go.

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
Iv got Basque Buddy's that surf all year and got absolutely annihilated there , boards broken step up for them 6-8 not enough game over , they still said its a beauty spot though :rolleyes:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
A left without a ledge drop
LOL

One was an old guy in a helmet wearing shoes
He's probably some sick sweet and delicious bag of sugar from South Oz who made the shoes out of a great white he fuckin' bashed. He hydrates by getting envenomated by brown snakes and red backs and probably wipes his ass with a cactus. I'm sure @freeride will be along and tell us that's his old mate's boy, Sicko Cuntington.

LOL

I'd fckn poop 'em. That wave has to be going mach fucking 9, and the warped out pit looks like it's custom-designed to eat boards that mortals can get into that wave for breakfast.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Maldives seems like perfect destination for average joe tbh.
Looks insanely expensive, miserable travel distance from the Lower 48, and at least based on youtube, the people that go there could ruin any lineup.

Maybe if you got a booking at a place that doesn't allow people from other resorts and you booked it the week Scuba Surgeons Magazine took their trip, AND you got a swell, okay.

Otherwise it looks like a great way to spend 4-6k or more for 4-6 foot or less with all the crowd fun of Swamis or Malibu.

Reactions: santacruzin

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
surfed wave in video. Not that size. got perhaps the longest tube I've had. Not the biggest or deepest, but slotted for a long distance. Scary takeoff because, like padang padang, you watch the wave peel off towards you for a long way, a kilometer. So, you're not that certain of your lineup. "Am I too deep?" creeps into your head. So, not an easy takeoff, but like so many waves in indo, easier to get on the wave than to get off

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That first 4 minutes or so of that video, oh hell fucking no. But around 5:00 in and similar size as that wave and slightly after, yeah, I'd give that a go for sure. Would be on my backhand, which I am far more comfortable with in those types of waves than my forehand.

That being said, that wave looks thick as fuck, especially down the line. Not making it back over the top and getting pinned inside by the rest of a set looks like it would really suck, especially since that was how I spent most of my day today. Ugh. Not the best confidence builder. And that wasn't even over shallow reef.

Wife and I have been talking about a solid bucket list (it starts that way) trip to Indonesia the next year or two, somewhere exactly like that. Have close to 200,000 FF miles. sh!t for wife and kids to do while I can all the dream waves I've always wanted, and a place that kids can learn. Assuming I don't snap my entire quiver the first session. :roflmao: