Unreal waves for regular humans

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Honestly yes, I'd give it a go. If he dies, he dies. A left without a ledge drop, looking doable, not closing out, speed lines, if there is a big perfect wave made for me that would be the one. If I was there and didn't go, I would hate myself. Would you?

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Honestly yes, I'd give it a go. If he dies, he dies. A left without a ledge drop, looking doable, not closing out, speed lines, if there is a big perfect wave made for me that would be the one. If I was there and didn't go, I would hate myself. Would you?
I truly think I would go. It looks scary but do able and I can do those. Fear doesn’t bother me so much as just plain knowing I’m out at a spot or size that is way beyond my capacity to make waves, skill wise. I’ve found myself in those scenarios on Kauai and just plain known “I can’t make those beyond vertical triple overhead back hand drops” but to me, big Kandui seems plenty heavy, but do able (with considerable risk no doubt, and I’m not saying I would shred the gnar like it was head high beacons) but the risk/reward ratio seems like it’s at the top end of my wheel house

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
The end section looks more intimidating than the drop -- looks like it funnels down to pretty shallow and then suddenly it's bowling and bending all weird.

I think I were there during a swell like that I'd go surf rifles -- that's always been the really dreamy wave in the area to me

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I think I were there during a swell like that I'd go surf rifles -- that's always been the really dreamy wave in the area to me
My favorite wave in the whole wide world.

the fucking reef at Kandui is scary looking and the water is really clear. Also I suck at big scary lefts
I am sure you guys would paddle out , I’m projecting my own fears of surfing maxing kandui :cheers:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
would your paint your toenails to match your leash String? And what colors?

I think you may have second thoughts staring over that ledge in person. Not sure how much experience you have charging reef breaks. That wave is considered pretty heavy.
Color changing in sunlight, silver to purple, iridescent. It'll distract people from my pooped shorts.

• Love
Reactions: santacruzin