unbearable itching

Export

Legend (inyourownmind)
Recently i've been feelin itchy all over it's really bad it feels like someones prickin me with a neddle and it not gettin better it mostly happens at night. I've tried soooo many Fuuckin things its outta control. Does anyone know of anything that could help? or sooth the itching? PLEASEEEE

Jul 17, 2003
Tejas
Mostly happens at night? Sounds like scabies to me. If it is, you can get some lotion from your Doc that will kill it instantly. Did it start out small and then spread gradually?

From mayoclinic.com:
Almost impossible to see without a magnifying glass, scabies mites cause itching by burrowing under the skin. Itching is usually worse at night. The burrowing leaves tiny bumps and thin, irregular, pencil-like marks or tracks on your skin. They appear most often in the following areas: between your fingers, in your armpits, around your waist, along the insides of your wrists, on the back of your elbows, on your ankles and soles of your feet, around your breasts and genitals and on your buttocks. However, almost any part of the skin may be involved.

Close physical contact and, less often, sharing clothing or bedding with an infected person can spread these tiny mites. Often an entire family or members of a day-care group or school class will experience scabies.

Jul 17, 2003
Tejas
No offense, Doc, but yes, see a Doc. But also research your problem as much as possible before you go in. You are wise to seek advice outside of what your Doc will recommend. Once, I went to 4 different Drs. and was misdiagnosed until the 4th time. It was a simple matter of opening a medical refence book, something that none of the other Drs. did, that clinched the diagnosis. If only I'd had that info. before going to the 1st Doc...

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
No offense taken. Sadly, for the medical world in general, dermatologic care is sorely lacking for communication and empathy. Many of the generalists don't have the experience, and many of the dermatologists are just too dang busy.

So research can help, and present your case in a straight forward manner. The rash started on such and such a date, I've tried such and such a treatment plan, and so on...