Un-official 2021 Tropical action thread

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
i had a lot of fun on the island gromsdad hails from. very thankful no rubbers required. the paddleout was an arm burning adventure. manasquan inlet was fun but super crowded. lbi not so great. 7 mile island was even fun this morning.

All in all, Larry is 4 of 5 stars. would recommend.

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Larry Results on a scale of 1 - 5:
Wednesday = 2
Thursday = 2
Friday = 4
Saturday = 4

Somewhat disappointing but overall some good rides, and on memorable really super deep/late drop into a nice left!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I took some beatings early Saturday morning. Bit smaller but still plenty of punch and super shallow. Got bounced off the sandbar tail bone first twice, and fractured a little bone in my foot. Now my left foot is swollen as is my upper ass. Hurts a bit, but a fun reminder of the swell. No pics of swollen upper ass but the foot is getting colorful today

B9AD5A87-F2F5-41AF-B89E-B0CE6CED1159.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Random Guy

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I took some beatings early Saturday morning. Bit smaller but still plenty of punch and super shallow. Got bounced off the sandbar tail bone first twice, and fractured a little bone in my foot. Now my left foot is swollen as is my upper ass. Hurts a bit, but a fun reminder of the swell. No pics of swollen upper ass but the foot is getting colorful today

View attachment 116183
Sucks. Drain it. Super elevation for hours.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Sucks. Drain it. Super elevation for hours.
His upper ass?

If you believe the forecast we’ll see between 3 to 5 inches of rain in the next 48 hours.
Damn if Subway's upper ass is going to rain 3 to 5 inches in Lazogro I'd better start building a damn ark.

Stocked photos!

Caught a bunch of fun waves but Thursday 'the day' was kind of hard to pick off a great one. More like two really good turns on what was pretty close to being a great wave.

I caught two really fun chunks off the bat Friday after work after it had blown out and got pretty fired even about that.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
The rider was on my oldest son's high school team. Next island south much cleaner and just as big.

Meanwhile one more island north of where surfadelphia's shot is from this was going down......

http://instagr.am/p/CTx7P2vJC67/
No effing way that’s the island that used to have a long running surf shop that gave out root beer dum dums owned by John….

looks like nate Florence scored in Subways area. Great to see south jersey’s finest visual eye candy behind the lens. Man, I miss the pigs trough, yum-yum.

im kinda pist I turned down two trips north ans stayed in NJ.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I was in the water same spot/time as him on Friday. The talent level was high but he obviously stood out

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
I was in the water same spot/time as him on Friday. The talent level was high but he obviously stood out
video looked pretty boss.

did miller swim out in a banana hammock? inquiring minds want to know!

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I might’ve seen them filming the parking lot footage. I was like, who the fvck gets all artsy with parking lot footage?
now I know who

subway I was looking for you, but impossible to pick out anyone from shore
Saturday morning was some of the most fun hurricane leftovers I can remember.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Nathan posted some of his rides on Insta. I saw him doing those roll ins from the outer sandbar

JJJJS

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 2, 2017
It looks like another hurricane (Odette?) will start to form this weekend and follow a similar path to Larry.

• Love
Reactions: JeffRSpicoli