Un-official 2021 Tropical action thread

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Looks like Nora disappeared off the map already?
I don’t know if you’ve ever spent time in Sonora, but generally speaking it don’t fvckin rain there. So there’s that.

Reports from friends up the coast are starting to come in, looks like they made it through with lots of water but nothing a mop and some beer can’t take care of.

Nexpa has been unsurfable since the June storms and from what I’ve heard is a ghost town. Overall it’s been a 5/7 year here with the elements not coming together for more than a couple of hours at a time, and not much of that. The quantity of rain we got was similar or more to the Manuel storm way back, which rearranged the beaches around river mouths for years. Still loads of water coming down from the mountains so who knows. The September after Manuel was the best I’ve ever seen it.

Driving anywhere along the coast will be challenging for the immediate future.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What happened sure was different from the forecasted movement I put on Friday. Am sure the resorts on the Tip breathed a sigh of relief. People on the mainland probably have different take on things.

View attachment 115410
The hurricane went to Culiacan. In Culiacan, it was offered a few hundo thou' cash and a Lambo to leave. It declined. Culiacan held eye contact and said "you are all going to die".

Latest:

ePac-830.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
that one off Africa - classic Cape Verde? believe it will be named Larry. the one behind it may be Moe :shrug:

Reactions: potato-nator

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
#metoo At worst you get some high impact bodysurfing in. Storm looks like it might be little far east, but fingers crossed.
Looks good to me. Wed/Thu/Fri next week for the SE coast, Cat 3 or better, far enough out that you get the swell without the bad weather, and the inevitable turn north gives some windows of favorable angles, relative to the coastline. I should be able to do something with that :waving:

Reactions: mundus