Un-official 2021 Tropical action thread

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fingers crossed, and winds could be offshore as well?

Could be a great weekend ahead
Yes this and the one next weekend have jobs to do. For some reason, surflies Hairy Palm Beach says it's going to be 1-2 knee-thigh, minimal for most of Palm Beach, but the Treasure Coast forecast is fooly nooking, 3-4. It says 3.5@12 from 35, which, how in the actual f--k is that not good in PB I can't guess. Typically something 65-75-85 would be PB getting scr00d, and 35, it'd be the best sh!t going. Huh.

But maybe 35 will be angled enough in South Brevardistan and it won't be the Endless Closeout. My guess, these all weekend offshores, it'll be NW/NNW side at 15kts starting about sunrise on Saturday, and there'll be some crossribbed dogshit closeouts and then it'll be fully torn up and either there's bluefish and the Gators win or there's dogshit and Dawgshit.

Reactions: Rlacey111

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
Yes this and the one next weekend have jobs to do. For some reason, surflies Hairy Palm Beach says it's going to be 1-2 knee-thigh, minimal for most of Palm Beach, but the Treasure Coast forecast is fooly nooking, 3-4. It says 3.5@12 from 35, which, how in the actual f--k is that not good in PB I can't guess. Typically something 65-75-85 would be PB getting scr00d, and 35, it'd be the best sh!t going. Huh.

But maybe 35 will be angled enough in South Brevardistan and it won't be the Endless Closeout. My guess, these all weekend offshores, it'll be NW/NNW side at 15kts starting about sunrise on Saturday, and there'll be some crossribbed dogshit closeouts and then it'll be fully torn up and either there's bluefish and the Gators win or there's dogshit and Dawgshit.
Yeah I was wondering that myself. The 3.5@12 is the same prediction for both the treasure and the PB forecast, that's the confusing part to me. Stormsurf shows it getting down to PB so I guess we will see

Either way I don't have to work until 12 on Friday in Martin County so hopefully I can score before work at one of the reefs near by. Sat will be the same plan besides the work part. Sunday I hope the swell shows up in PB so stay close to home, and catch most of the Bills game in the afternoon. Mondays got potential too. Who knows though, could be a pretty sweet start to November if the wind cooperates

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
My pictures of shackleford banks during hurricane sandy popped up yesterday in my FB Memories. Epic.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fucking dogshit in South-Central Florida. Monster Hole looked like sh!t, like too short period and too much East in it. Central Brevard was walled out and shitty, with a couple psuedo-corners here and there with 50 people burning each other.

Fort Pierce Inlet was completely packed out of its mind.

North Florida looked great on the cams. Picked a really, really, really stupid weekend to go visit the parents.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
wait, i thought Vero fired on all cylinders when i'm not there?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
wait, i thought Vero fired on all cylinders when i'm not there?
Vero gets serviceable in spots at times on very mixed up windswells.

After getting skunked on Saturday, we were looking at the surfline cams and Sebastian Inlet was completely empty. Not a soul out. On a sunny Sunday with upper 70s water and waist-chest high surf.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Vero gets serviceable in spots at times on very mixed up windswells.

After getting skunked on Saturday, we were looking at the surfline cams and Sebastian Inlet was completely empty. Not a soul out. On a sunny Sunday with upper 70s water and waist-chest high surf.
surfing is so weird that way

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
another .....subtropical.....storm.....rockin OBX?

contest coming up in JVille...storm might be early?