Un-official 2021 Tropical action thread

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
View attachment 118233
View attachment 118234
Ratfucked. We’ll almost certainly be cut off as the road in is already a shitburger and the repairs we’ve done to both accesses to our property by vehicle are gonna be toasted.

The kids have the sailboat as secure as possible and are cagando palo as Zihuatanejo bay is gonna get the full treatment.

Wake and bake!
Best of luck, hope it works out with not much damage.

Reactions: potato-nator

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
W
So you might be cut off from vehicular re-supply, and your outlook is "Dunno; fuggit"

WELL FUCKING PLAYED, LAD!
We keep 10 days supplies, just in case. Re supply by panga if necessary...

Hopefully that’s a wrap for this season. We got more rain this year then any year in the last 20.

Reactions: Mr Doof

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Where are you getting your power and comms? Solar and satellite/cell network?
Yes. And generator. We’ve been doing this a long time and expect this to happen so it’s not a big deal to stay prepared.

It’s much worse in areas of concentrated population like the east coast USA.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yes. And generator. We’ve been doing this a long time and expect this to happen so it’s not a big deal to stay prepared.

It’s much worse in areas of concentrated population like the east coast USA.
???

Power is usually back in a week or less; FEMA shows up and is handing sh!t out left and right. I don't understand how being on your own at the end of a potentially washed out road isn't worse than having all you need being handed to you hours after the sh!t stops flying?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Nexpa is probably going to look a little different
Hope everyone's sh!t is okay and the sandbar situation unfcks itself. That place is key for summer success per the broader overall scheme, and having it turned to dogshit throws a monkey wrench in the planning.

What I can't get over is how I got a different answer from everyone I asked if what I saw in August was normal. Most blown away by people I'd surfed with in previous Augusts. Like, homie, how is it always bad when four years ago we were surfing quality user-friendly point surf for a week in August, and it's been good in August like all seven other times?

I'm just glad chicken salad and a smoothie was an acceptable answer when I asked ChiCho if he was open and he asked me what I wanted.

Reactions: mundus

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
???

Power is usually back in a week or less; FEMA shows up and is handing sh!t out left and right. I don't understand how being on your own at the end of a potentially washed out road isn't worse than having all you need being handed to you hours after the sh!t stops flying?
Buncha sissies!

It’s all good until you run out of snacks.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Surf was kinda fun today. Lot smaller than I thought it would be but the offshore wind wasn’t as strong either…kept it clean and hollow but made the short period waves even weaker though. fell on a few, got closed out on a few, got a couple of runners, and finally a brief and probably totally unstylish barrel and called it a morning

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
right? that north wind dropped the temp by at least 5 degrees. 3/2 was perfectly warm, but my hands and feet were numb in 20 minutes