Ultimate Surfer?

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
If anything it's a very small minority of people who use the term and moreso a certain "type" of person.
pretty weird dude. not everyone who doesn't share your particular anxieties is a member of some self-conscious subculture or an activist or whatever. it's not that serious.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
the need to orient one's personal identity around opposition to who you imagine to be the other side of some culture war, for one.
I don't have a "personal identity" in the sense you're talking.

That's for people who feel a need to belong.

It's much more fun being around people who are different than you.

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
I don't have a "personal identity" in the sense you're talking.

That's for people who feel a need to belong.

It's much more fun being around people who are different than you.
you have a conception of self along with every other human on the planet. but you don't seem very self-aware so this'll be pointless.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
Seriously
Thanks Waxfoot, I dont get tired of that video.

Doesnt the WSL already have an award for the Ultimate Surfer where they travel the world, go to almost a dozen different breaks and compete against the other best surfers in the world?
Seriously though. Instead of the WSL putting an event on TV, Disney's wide world of sports piggy backs off of the bachelor season 33 to launch a surfing reality TV show on a man made wave. I get they are at the mercy of the swellz, but you could at least put the CT in Kelly's pool on TV right?

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
Straight people referring to their "partner" :LOL:

Gtfo
. when i hear american say partner i think gay because well its a gay thing. domestic partner from when no gay marriage. straights dont have partners they have bf/gf.met some girl @ xmas party few years ago, shes talking her partner im thinking les. but shes straight. she tried to tel me and legrand its just like marriage. me and legrand both looked at her and asked well what did we fight for?

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
It seems strange to have a bunch of already washed up surfers as candidates for the CT. Those guys have tried to get on tour and didn't make it/got smoked.
This: It should be a bunch of unknown 18-22 year olds trying crack that nut but with no major backing to get there. Obviously they are going for Insta attention whores like Anastasia, Luke and Malia Ward instead. A couple rare exceptions of older guys that never made on it on the QS but are talented enough like Kai Barger are cool too.

Reactions: Northern_Shores

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
"theramrod" and "JCS" - if you don't like it, don't fvckin' watch it. I think it's stupid too. However, they surf better than me and they surf better than you. Stop your whining. They're funding it, not you. If you don't like it - make your own show. In the meantime STFU.

This feels like the dumbest stunt by the WSL yet. Get some surfers together who have B-C grade skills, have them compete Survivor style for a spot on the WCT. It really is an insult to the surfers of the QS. I will say Zeke Lau is the one surfer who's casted that would belong on the CT. Luke Davis could also take a heat win or two in the right conditions. Even Anastasia has been recruited for this crap. Anyone going to watch this? Even if it is mildly entertaining I don't think I can take any more Turpel then what we already get.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
in all honesty, i rather watch ultimate surfer feat. duffy, jsc, griff, casa, reforest, waxurdrl, & aruka.

i'm sure someone here can come up with a good premise...

Reactions: JSC

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
Wow not bad for the winner.

Weekly eliminations will leave two men and two women as finalists who will vie for the male and female titles of the Ultimate Surfer and the opportunity to compete on the WSL World Tour. Each male and female winner will not only receive an one year exemption onto the WSL World Tour, but a $100,000 Outer Known contract and three Noel Salas Surfboard Consulting sessions ($450 value).

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and MrSteve