UC San Diego virus expert pleads with surfers to stay out of the ocean to avoid coronavirus

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
What if you already have the virus?

Trestles is mine!

Did you get your test results back yet?

Last night I had indigestion but I thought it was lung failure.

#paranoid

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I just saw somebody else posted this up already. My bad.

No results yet. And last night I had stomach stuff going on as well. And I was starting to freak. I dropped a couple of Xanax and went to bed. (I haven't been sleeping) This AM is the best I have felt in two weeks. I still don't think this is it. It's been way too mild. My Doctor wanted the test. I was content to just ride it out at home.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If this is not the CV it's like no bug I have had before.

I wake up feeling good and then I hit the wall and go down hard again.

I'm not sleeping either.

I feel better today

Just tired.

This has been going on for weeks.

I'm not complaining--

Wait, I think I am. :poop:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Lol what about the hoards of walkers, joggers, and lancers out there that no-one seems to care about?
I dunno man I'll fckng lose it after too many days of not being outside, at all, no exercise, nicest time of the year. I go alone and make it a point to give everyone else a wide berth.

I don't get the group thing and refusing to distance when huffing and puffing though.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
besides the wind carrying it, I wonder if the water can too for a period of time. before UV rays kill it. Say someone who has the virus spits into the water, which we all do surfing, how long & far could it travel. you're 6 feet social distance in the line up might not mean jack.

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
I dunno man I'll fckng lose it after too many days of not being outside, at all, no exercise, nicest time of the year. I go alone and make it a point to give everyone else a wide berth.

I don't get the group thing and refusing to distance when huffing and puffing though.
I bought a jump rope. Can do it in my garage. Best decision in a long time.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
I just saw somebody else posted this up already. My bad.

No results yet. And last night I had stomach stuff going on as well. And I was starting to freak. I dropped a couple of Xanax and went to bed. (I haven't been sleeping) This AM is the best I have felt in two weeks. I still don't think this is it. It's been way too mild. My Doctor wanted the test. I was content to just ride it out at home.
get a test if you can!!!!!!!!!!

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
besides the wind carrying it, I wonder if the water can too for a period of time. before UV rays kill it. Say someone who has the virus spits into the water, which we all do surfing, how long & far could it travel. you're 6 feet social distance in the line up might not mean jack.
you don't have the answer for something? :eek:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Feb 28, 2020
potato-nator said:
can a virus exist in / propagate from the ocean?
Here, this article will set your mind at ease.

Blurb:

Every time you swallow a mouthful of seawater while swimming at the beach, you’re downing about as many viruses as there are people in North America.

However, despite the staggering abundance of marine viruses — and the key role that these infectious agents seem to play in global processes like the carbon cycle — scientists still know relatively little about the variety of viruses that are out there. In 2015 a team documented 5,476 distinct kinds of viruses in the ocean. In 2016 the same team updated its count to 15,222.

But in a study published today in Cell, that number skyrockets to 195,728 distinct viral populations, a more than twelvefold increase.

Reactions: billypilgrim