Uber - DONE

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Less convenience and competence with more expense seems to be the mantra for these times.
That's literally the food delivery model

Work gave us a $40 or $50 Uber Eats gift card as part of our Xmas stuff. Sometime in February I finally decided to try and use it just for the hell of it so I ordered two Happy Meals for the kids. It took nearly an hour and totaled around $20. For 2 Happy Meals

People who use food delivery services are lazy idiots

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Not when you step outside your mid-LA building and take a hit of a vagrant's meth pipe.

I never understood how food delivery was affordable. How hard is it to load some crap into an Instant Pot and make a $5 dinner for the family? Even I can do it and my interest in cooking is zero.
It's not affordable, it's super expensive

• Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Not when you step outside your mid-LA building and take a hit of a vagrant's meth pipe.

I never understood how food delivery was affordable. How hard is it to load some crap into an Instant Pot and make a $5 dinner for the family? Even I can do it and my interest in cooking is zero.
People are lazy, it’s really that simple

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That's literally the food delivery model

Work gave us a $40 or $50 Uber Eats gift card as part of our Xmas stuff. Sometime in February I finally decided to try and use it just for the hell of it so I ordered two Happy Meals for the kids. It took nearly an hour and totaled around $20. For 2 Happy Meals

People who use food delivery services are lazy idiots
Happy Meals are the worst scam. My kids try to ask for them but after some mild interrogation, it's about the toy not the food. Yeah, not paying several bucks each for a 9 cent toy and food they don't even like.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Look at the lines of cars waiting to get coffee in the morning. I'd imagine even the cheapest coffee maker will turn on by timer. If people can't make coffee happen on their own, they certainly aren't cooking even the simplest of meals.
Exactly. It’s even funnier when you walk inside and go right up to the counter while there are 10+ cars in the drive thru :roflmao:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I might be in minority but I generally look for the furthest parking spot from the door when I go shopping. Easy parking, no door dings, and gets me a little bit more exercise that I could always use.

And quite often, I end up walking by other people who are still sitting in their cars waiting for a closer parking spot.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I might be in minority but I generally look for the furthest parking spot from the door when I go shopping. Easy parking, no door dings, and gets me a little bit more exercise that I could always use.
Had a deer scrape up the left side of my last car real bad. Almost $6k in body work that insurance and my employer covered, thankfully. Not even a few weeks later, some fuckface (probably a Poly brat) put a dent in that same door, no note left. To make it even more stupider, I was planning on selling the car in the next month anyways. With all the miles, it sold for barely over what the body work cost, so I should have just pocketed the insurance money and sold it as is since the body damage was cosmetic and the doors still opened fine.

Murphy and his laws can get fooked in all holes with a sandpaper covered dildo:cursing::ban:

• Haha
Reactions: r32

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex

And quite often, I end up walking by other people who are still sitting in their cars waiting for a closer parking spot.
I'm the same way. The real killer is when you parked out in no mans land and someone else still parks so close to you have to slide into your car sideways because you can hardly open your door.

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
Happy Meals are the worst scam. My kids try to ask for them but after some mild interrogation, it's about the toy not the food. Yeah, not paying several bucks each for a 9 cent toy and food they don't even like.
It's like when I was kid, I would go for the best cereal box prize and not eat the cereal....And what happened to everything being sugar this and sugar that?

Sugar Corn Pops
Super Sugar Crisp
Sugar Frosted Flakes
Sugar Smacks

WTF, happened here Karen?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
It's like when I was kid, I would go for the best cereal box prize and not eat the cereal....And what happened to everything being sugar this and sugar that?

Sugar Corn Pops
Super Sugar Crisp
Sugar Frosted Flakes
Sugar Smacks

WTF, happened here Karen?
According to erBB those 80s-90s cereals should be rebranded to use animal proteins instead of corn, sugar, carbs and wheat.

Super Chuckroast Pops
Super Skirtsteak Crisp
Salmon Skin Flakes
Bacon Smacks

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
I actually attempted Santa Monica Pier to LAX on foot one time. But my luggage is just a small backpack and I had pretty much all day to do it, so totally different ballgame than what you're describing. I think I would have made it but I stopped at a little patio bar just off the boardwalk down at the south end of Venice and met a really cool couple from Australia and 4 (or was it 5?) pints later I realized that I had sort of lost track of time and had to uber the last part to make my flight. Good times.
I jogged from HNL airport to Alamoana once to meet a girl. It was worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I started out using Lyft but you can't get a Lyft car to save your life now since covid at least where I am.

I reluctantly downloaded the uber app recently because I was flying to Ohio to visit my Mom.

I had no problem getting a ride to LAX for a redeye flight and flew home to OC and had a ride in 10 minutes to get me home.

Uber seems to be winning at least over Lyft.

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
You always say your kids are smart so you might want to interrogate them a little more because I bet they know those 9 cent toys are a good investment ;)
The 15 Most Expensive Happy Meal Toys from McDonald’s

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Hey man, it was like eating small mouthfuls of rocks but Grape Nuts were the jam of my yoot :jamon:
That is all we had because of my Dad's heart condition. Well, shredded wheat and special K too.

The thing about grape nuts is that you had to give them some time to get soggy after you sugared them up. :)