Tyre Nichols

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
dont think so - the videos show these cops came on the scene at 110% aggression level.
Are we watching the same video?

The video I saw doesn't show any interaction until a minute in, where he's removed from the car and spends a 1 minute and 15 seconds in nonstop physical resistance before being able to run away quite easily.

Is this the video you saw?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: $kully and PRCD

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
theres like 5 videos. watch them all.
I have.

The conversation we were having pertained to the video of the initial encounter.

You told me the cops came on the scene "with 110% aggression".

The video I saw of the cops coming on the scene shows a cop driving around in a car, and arriving, he gets out, guns have already been drawn, Tyre Nichols is removed from the vehicle.

Mr. Nichols then begins actively resisting for over a minute and 15 seconds before easily running away.

Is this the video you saw?

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Four black guys rat packing one? Say it aint so.

Black males in the US are comparatively an extremely violent group. I don't think the career choice changes this especially when the career vetting begins and ends with skin color.
You mis-understood. Watch the video with a group of people, 4 of whom are cops.

twinzerfan

Michael Peterson status
Oct 26, 2006
Floriduh
If I were black Id run from the cops every time. Damed if you, damed if you dont.
just having this conversation with my wife. At some point, people are going to seriously start resisting and cops are going to get killed. Which also means that person will get killed too of course.

I often wonder if a trained grappler subdued the cop what would happen…. Choke out and haul ass

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
This is what happens when you hire based on equity and inclusion instead of choosing qualified candidates.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
just having this conversation with my wife. At some point, people are going to seriously start resisting and cops are going to get killed. Which also means that person will get killed too of course.

I often wonder if a trained grappler subdued the cop what would happen…. Choke out and haul ass
Since there were three more cops he'd have to haul ass fast enough to out run the speed of bullets.

Reactions: twinzerfan

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
There it is! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Alright. If you didn’t want riots, if you didn’t want to give out of town agitators time to travel to Memphis then why would you give days of warning and then release the video on a Friday just as the sun is setting?

They could have just quietly released the video on wednesday morning. I had never even heard of this incident until the video release was being hyped.

If you actually wanted civil unrest to be the result, the way they did this would be exactly the way you’d do it.

Duck test.

Got this email yesterday from my kid’s school before the videos were released….

”Santa Barbara Unified Community,

As you may be aware, Memphis released a video of the violent attack of Mr. Tyre Nichols Friday evening. A few weeks ago, a young man, Mr. Tyre Nichols, was brutally attacked by Memphis police officers resulting in his death, all of which is captured on video. The contents of the video released Friday evening are horrifying and disturbing.

Santa Barbara Unified denounces in the strongest terms possible the brutal violence that caused the unjust death of Tyre Nichols. As a District, we believe in equality and respect equal humanity for everyone.

Parents, caregivers, faculty, and staff, we encourage you to ask students not to watch the video, due to the extreme and inhumane violence. We will have counselors and support staff ready to assist our students on campus next week starting on Monday, as we know this may take an emotional toll. We encourage parents/caregivers to talk with children about the emotions that may come up for them.

We know when tragedies of this scale happen in our country, there is a possibility of insensitive comments or conversations happening among our students. We ask for your help in preparing your students to have respectful and sensitive conversations about Mr. Nichols inhumane murder should it be a topic amongst other students when they return to school on Monday.

The emotional, mental, and physical well-being of our students and staff is of the highest importance to us. You may reach out to your school leaders and counselors if you need any help guiding your children through these difficult times.”