Tyler Warren shapes

taking one in

Nep status
Jun 16, 2008
Not commenting on the shaper at all -- just the fishy type boards without deep swallow tails (and usually with quad setup).

Yes, yes, area reduction in the tail -- It's not a fish without the deep swallow and all that kind of stuff, but...

The fishy outlines with alternate tails (round, squash, diamond, whatever weird tail that isn't a deep swallow) tend to work better for me. I think it's partly because I don't get to surf long lined up rights, but I also think it's because you can get your foot further back over the tail.

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Makes sense. I've enjoyed surfing a couple small wide CC roundtails that are much more... "forgiving" than the big swallowtails, but still give much of the fishy glide. Fun to explore with those types of details and why I'm intrigued by this Zipper.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
I surfed with him at Creek and he was ripping on a twin outline with a thruster setup. Ever since then i've been scoping out his boards. We chatted for a bit. Hes a cool guy and a good surfer. His boards arent that pricey. His twinnies look good.

http://instagr.am/p/CCFltX1D9Qd/

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I guess it's all relative, they seem pretty pricey. But seems like the kinda board you could have for years. Just never heard any direct feedback. On my list... maybe for next year. Saw a beautiful used one for sale in SB but it was already gone in a couple hours.
Also, F- the Chargers.

Last edited:
Reactions: MathDebater

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
Quadratic egg in Nicaragua. Surfed the crap out of this board. Eventually sold it but no knock on it. Just wanted something new. Very fairly priced(in 2016 or 2017) and dealing with him was easy. Would bang again. :dancing:

tw.jpg