Twonzer?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
That picture was from 1986 or after
Pat was making boards with the Surfers Alliance logo as well as for them .
That was 86 and later
He made a deep double parallel to the stringer and called it a Bonzer
Duncan contacted him about correcting this and shared their design , thats when this colab occured
They will share with most to keep the design correct .

Reactions: MathDebater

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I hate Knost's surfing. To me, that is the opposite of style because it is so contrived and affected.
What's contrived? The layback cut back? The regular cutback? The cheater five? The arch? He seems to have had that style from earliest vids I've seen of him. I think some people hate his style because it's always been a little different and herky jerky. Some people like it. He won me over with a move he did in "One California Day" when he took off skeg first, ran to the tail, did a hang five and then swung the board around.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
What's contrived? The layback cut back? The regular cutback? The cheater five? The arch? He seems to have had that style from earliest vids I've seen of him. I think some people hate his style because it's always been a little different and herky jerky. Some people like it. He won me over with a move he did in "One California Day" when he took off skeg first, ran to the tail, did a hang five and then swung the board around.
I agree. I thought that board smoothed him out a bit. I really like his approach - not always pretty, but spontaneous. He always finds interesting lines and barrels. I can see why people don't like his style, but it's not contrived - you don't see too many surf like him. I also enjoy the way he upsets people. Many claim they surf better and hate the fact he has sponsors etc. I imagine he's living a pretty sweet life: hot chicks, getting paid to surf, play music and do art. What's not to like?

Reactions: MathDebater

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
When I saw the fins I thought "imma make one like that". Watched it all and the board sucks. The Knost is really good at surfing, so if he struggles it has to be beyond sh!t.

He is a top longboarder, but the midlength stuff is just bad.

• Dislike
Reactions: Havoc