Twitter suspends Bipartisan advocacy group with no explanation

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Which is weird, because I keep hearing that twitter is neutral and that cancel culture doesn't exist.

If they are bipartisan like you're pretending to be bipartisan, then that's why.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Seems they flooded twitter with fake accounts to promote a hashtag, unofficially at least. I’d call that more spam control than a politically motivated banning.

fook I hate social media
Grapeboi can't figure out that there are rules of conduct.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Whether they are or not is irrelevant. What did they do that got them banned?
Manbear just told you.

Not one Twitter account got banned unless it broke Twitter's rules of conduct.

You know, like in the society.
Be good and you're good.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
It's Twitter, who gives a fucking.
We should be concerned about how any social media network with the kind of influence that twitter has decides to pick sides and selectively ban certain kinds of content.

Which is absolutely in their right to do, let me be clear on that. Just don’t insult my intelligence by pretending that you are neutral, that shadowbanning doesn’t exist, or that you treat all bad behavior equally regardless of the political leanings of the user.

Reactions: enframed

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Die spammer die.

Weinstein, the founder of Articles of Unity, said he hasn't heard from Twitter about the reason why his account was banned, but added that he heard through unofficial channels that it had to do with additional accounts registered for the purpose of promoting their hashtag.

Weinstein said that such actions block "our ability to access those people who would create the groundswell to make the movement viable as an actual political plan."

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Die spammer die.

Weinstein, the founder of Articles of Unity, said he hasn't heard from Twitter about the reason why his account was banned, but added that he heard through unofficial channels that it had to do with additional accounts registered for the purpose of promoting their hashtag.

Weinstein said that such actions block "our ability to access those people who would create the groundswell to make the movement viable as an actual political plan."
From that link: “He insisted that an investigation by his group found nothing that "mirrored their accusation."

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
From that link: “He insisted that an investigation by his group found nothing that "mirrored their accusation."
Whoa, an "investigation" lead by himself didnt find any violations? :roflmao:

Not only that he didn't deny that he created multiple accounts in order to spam as many people as possible he admits it in the very next paragraph: "such actions block "our ability to access those people who would create the groundswell".

Nobody got banned from Twitter for no reason. The fact that it happens to the right wingers more often is because there are more deplorable loud mouth right wingers who don't care for rules.

I can't beleive that you choose to die on this hill, again.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Whoa, an "investigation" lead by himself didnt find any violations? :roflmao:
If that were true, why wouldn't twitter publicly say that? And if twitter were silent about it, why would BW cite the cause for something that twitter says he is guilty of, then deny that he did it?

Not only that he didn't deny that he created multiple accounts in order to spam
Uh, I'm pretty sure when he said, "found nothing that mirrored their accusation" means that nobody in his direct control made the accounts. I don't doubt that some Rogan fans did that, however that's not his fault.

he admits it in the very next paragraph: "such actions block "our ability to access those people who would create the groundswell".
So, he created spam accounts, "such actions", to block his own ability to spread his own message? Makes total sense. DARP. I'm pretty sure he was speaking of Twitter's response when he said "such actions", because why would he want to block himself?

We've seen howpiss poor your reading comprehension is and how much you twist people's words here over the years, so I'm not surprised that you are completely missing the point on this one.

Nobody got banned from Twitter for no reason. The fact that it happens to the right wingers more often is because there are more deplorable loud mouth right wingers who don't care for rules.
Wrong, again. BW is not a rightwinger. He is very outspoken about his liberal political beliefs. He just holds his own to the same standard as those he disagrees with, as everyone should.

• Haha

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Some guy's sockpuppets got him kickb&??

lol

You know if shills could just stop constantly spamming their stupid shill sh!t, actual shitlords could still do lulzy trololololols

I mean Weinstein is still doing better than Microsoft's AI:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
cancel culture
I don't think that means what you think it means.
Ah the the old “you don’t know what _____ means” trope. Never read that one before, and definitely not here.
But I really think you have this one wrong. Cancelling comes from the bottom, and at least includes shaming, it does not from the top, and not without reason. People in power don't cancel anyone, is my understanding. Trump and the right have co-opted the phrase when what they are trying to say is "censorship.'" When Trump is voted out by states that voted for him in 2016, *THAT* is cancel culture.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
But I really think you have this one wrong. Cancelling comes from the bottom, and at least includes shaming, it does not from the top, and not without reason. People in power don't cancel anyone, is my understanding. Trump and the right have co-opted the phrase when what they are trying to say is "censorship.'" When Trump is voted out by states that voted for him in 2016, *THAT* is cancel culture.
I agree that it comes from the bottom, however the people at the top still make that decision in order to grease the squeaky wheel i.e. the bottom and appease the vocal portion of their user base. Which is not even democratic, it’s the tiny vocal minority that cries a million times louder than most yet appears to be a sizable contingent based on the sheer number of twitter users, whereas in reality they make up less than 5% of any contingent.

Also, why is Trump’s usage of the term “cancel culture” even relevant? Just because an idiot who happens to be POTUS co opts the term does not invalidate it in all contexts.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
once again, unfair ghost ban turns out to be obvious violation of TOS

why do we keep falling for this dumb ditty?

if you went back and adjusted the outrage score downward for each one
of these that gets walked back, there'd be nothing to point to on the score
board when folks rage about the Twitter-hates-conservatives nonsense.

• Love