Twitter lol

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
The arrogance comes from being in high demand, anyone with more than a couple years experience as an eng gets their inbox flooded with interview offers. That feeling of being wanted is going to breed that arrogance.

Idk, people can poke fun at the free lunches and all of the other perks on offer but they're basically table stakes at this point if you want to attract talent. I agree that it's a little silly, but Google figured that offering employees lunch would actually save them money since people wouldn't leave campus or be distracted by what they needed to bring to work to eat. That happened and basically everyone had to follow suit.

I'm very grateful for my career and the opportunities it has provided me. Hopefully the gravy train doesn't end here cuz I like making money. :LOL:
I think that free lunch, workout room on site, reimbursement for laundry expense, etc. is also a tax advantaged way to give someone say 18K a year in list price value that's actually worth say 36K in gross income (because you pay something like 50% on the very top of your income). It's a lot like a company car which is a great benefit if it means you don't need to buy your own car. So I think its like a company car perk for jobs where a company car wouldn't pass the IRS smell test.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
View attachment 142067
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/10Jpr9KSaXLchW" width="480" height="366" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

I was pretty impressed that Musk - as a senior mgr - was only off by a factor of six on how many microservices Twitter was using to load a damn web page.

This is so stupid. These people are morons.

Elon OWNS the company. Not a majority shareholder, not on the BOD...but OWNS. Like the entire corporate entity belongs to Elon.

In what world would you figure its a good idea to reply to your boss like this in public?

In most jobs you would be fired.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I think that free lunch, workout room on site, reimbursement for laundry expense, etc. is also a tax advantaged way to give someone say 18K a year in list price value that's actually worth say 36K in gross income (because you pay something like 50% on the very top of your income). It's a lot like a company car which is a great benefit if it means you don't need to buy your own car. So I think its like a company car perk for jobs where a company car wouldn't pass the IRS smell test.
that sort of clear, logical, and mathematically sound thinking will NOT fly on my watch sir, not it will not

oh it also probably saves a bunch of sales tax, getting so many of life’s necessities just handled for you by your overlords. Save in gas and time etc.

chit at my company, we get a decent breakfast spread once a week, and a never ending magically replenishing snack station with good coffee

• Haha
Reactions: PJ