Twitter > Gab > Parler

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
a pretty interesting read on the bifurcation of socials....

As the top Twitter comment points out, “Twitter allows four of the five things that Parler censors.” Parler’s thorough community guidelines also prohibit spam, terrorist activity, defamation, “fighting words,” and obscenity, among other kinds of speech. And Parler’s user agreement includes clauses that may seem antithetical to its mission. The platform “may remove any content and terminate your access to the Services at any time and for any reason or no reason,” it states. But perhaps most surprising is this:

17. You agree to defend and indemnify Parler, as well as any of its officers, directors, employees, and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to all attorneys fees) arising from or relating to your access to and use of the Services. Parler will have the right to conduct its own defense, at your expense, in any action or proceeding covered by this indemnity.​

The indemnity provision means that if Parler faces a lawsuit for something you post, you pay. Basically, you’re free to say whatever you want—as long as it falls within the community guidelines, and as long as you’re willing to take the risk.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I try to avoid any form of social media that involves people spouting off. Well, aside from this place. I stopped checking my facebook feed within a few months of Trump getting elected. Instagram became a refuge by being able to selectively follow accounts, instead of having to hide/unfollow/unfriend the dozens of people on facebook who post political, annoying, and/or asinine garbage.

By only being able to post images, Instagram was mostly apolitical for a while, however people are now finding a way to politicize there as well. Mostly with screenshots of words or written block letter memes with no image. I may have to trim it down to strictly meme and travel accounts.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
LOL I read that Parler wasn't "lousy with white supremacists like Gab" and assumed Parler > Gab. Looking at this, you having to pay for Parler getting sued is a hard no.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Parler is worse than Twitter at deleting opposing voices

It's probably some kind of front

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

Q has spoken!

the libs created a honey pot to trap our proudest patriots like Laura Loomer and Dylan Roof!

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I try to avoid any form of social media that involves people spouting off. Well, aside from this place. I stopped checking my facebook feed within a few months of Trump getting elected. Instagram became a refuge by being able to selectively follow accounts, instead of having to hide/unfollow/unfriend the dozens of people on facebook who post political, annoying, and/or asinine garbage.

By only being able to post images, Instagram was mostly apolitical for a while, however people are now finding a way to politicize there as well. Mostly with screenshots of words or written block letter memes with no image. I may have to trim it down to strictly meme and travel accounts.
same

zero interest in twitter

haven't been on facebook in years

Instagram is just for looking at surfboards and a few close friends.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I read an interview with Tom Ford by Maureen Dowd maybe a year ago and he said he refused to be in rooms with overhead lighting, because it makes you look bad

I found that simultaneously hilarious and awesome

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I read an interview with Tom Ford by Maureen Dowd maybe a year ago and he said he refused to be in rooms with overhead lighting, because it makes you look bad

I found that simultaneously hilarious and awesome
I had to look up who that was.

Sounds like a weirdo.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

why were conservative voices shouting about some mass exodus from Twitter to Parler just a few weeks ago? Pretty sure clowns lime Nunes, Gaetz and Cruz were touting at as some sort of safe space for conservatives.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
you can "speak freely" on Twitter

you just can't drop N-bombs and tell people you want them to die

I love the constant victimhood complex of the right when it comes to their
insistence that plain speech is being blocked for ideological reasons...

unless your ideology is bigotry and violence you'll be A OK on them twitters

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge

I don't think it is that clearcut, they seem to arbitrarily apply their community standards stuff and it'd appear the right gets the banhammer there more frequently than the left.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Also, you can't say that a man is not a woman.