Twinzer Feedback?

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I use a half Fusion plug and have on every boards since I saw Barry Snyder use them
not a single failure. By Styrofoam I'm assuming you're referring to eps

Reactions: 000

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
All my twinzers have half Fusion canards. No failures. Have a Varial Chemistry Zen 4 on order. Varial can only do FCS X-1 plugs unfortunately. I'm hoping the infused glass will be stronger, but I doubt the glass goes over the plug.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
those are Liv3mind plugs. no longer available(as far as I know)
Probably going to have to do half Fusion. Ropers can probably do for you

GMN

Aug 26, 2022
Stu is helping me out and sending me over a dialed in fusion plug. He is extremely generous and his customer service pretty much guaranteed that I will get a board from him this year.
This one is fast, fully has me believing in the twinzer hype. It is a bit big for me and the rails are too full for me to wrap it like I want to but I can tell the board works amazing. It is definitely not a board I have to think about babying turns on. I also haven't even moved the fins yet since there has been swell where I am, so I have only ridden it with them all the way forward in the box, no overlap. At Stu's suggestion I will have the repair done with a 1/4" of overlap.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Have any of you made a jig for a 1/2 Fusion? Do you just get a regular fusion baseplate and somehow block off half of it? I've been shaping a couple twinzers, but all my canards are glass ons, as I only have a Futures jig.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I made a plywood "plug" for my Fusion jig, George (Liv3mind) sent me his plug when I was getting fin boxes from him. Its much nicer, but either way works

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Thanks. Is the Liv3 the same depth as the Fusion? George sent me a couple Liv3 boxes that I still have sitting around

GMN

Aug 26, 2022
MrSteve, Stu was pretty adamant that the live boxes would fail. Mine split right down the middle. Sounds like he isn't in favor of using those anymore. I think if/when it fails it'll just be a more difficult repair. I would do the fusion and make some canards with different tab placements if you still wanted to move the canard around

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
MrSteve, Stu was pretty adamant that the live boxes would fail. Mine split right down the middle. Sounds like he isn't in favor of using those anymore. I think if/when it fails it'll just be a more difficult repair. I would do the fusion and make some canards with different tab placements if you still wanted to move the canard around
I kind of gave up on them too, which is unfortunate they were definitely a better mouse trap

jig plug.jpg
fin route.jpg

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
All this talk is making me want to order another. Hmmmm, SK, Gibbons, or...?

Also what happened to the Post "Twinzer Talk". Was lots of good stuff there.