Twinzer Feedback?

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Leader? Leading edge?
The leading edge of the main can only go to the grub screw on futures. So the canard stays pretty close to the marked position on all the twins I have. Fcs tend to respect the shapers dot and move the leading edge forward. This has changed a bit with fcs 2

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Question.

I've started shaping a new board. 6-3 Twinzer. Trying mains at 7-3/4". If I go for no overlap I can get the canards at the exact right spot for widowmaker side bites (according to Neil Purchase Jr's set up). Any reason not to put a 8" center box?

I put a slight concave (1/8") between my feet fading to flat at the fins. Right now it's pretty low rocker 4-5/8" nose. 2" tail. I'm debating putting vee behind the mains. Any reason I shouldn't? I figure it will loosen up the tail which is pretty low rocker.

For your trouble- more twinzer goodness (yellow board)-

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Question.

I've started shaping a new board. 6-3 Twinzer. Trying mains at 7-3/4". If I go for no overlap I can get the canards at the exact right spot for widowmaker side bites (according to Neil Purchase Jr's set up). Any reason not to put a 8" center box?

I put a slight concave (1/8") between my feet fading to flat at the fins. Right now it's pretty low rocker 4-5/8" nose. 2" tail. I'm debating putting vee behind the mains. Any reason I shouldn't? I figure it will loosen up the tail which is pretty low rocker.

For your trouble- more twinzer goodness (yellow board)-

Not too much though, it’s strong medicine. I cooked a Bonzer I shaped years go by putting too much vee in. I took it out by adding Qcell resin. Wasn’t ideal but it improved drastically

Reactions: ghostshaper

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Not too much though, it’s strong medicine. I cooked a Bonzer I shaped years go by putting too much vee in. I took it out by adding Qcell resin. Wasn’t ideal but it improved drastically
I figure 1/8." A little bit of that gets taken out by the lap. Conversely. the concave increases slightly...

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Do it!

Vee is part of the hyperbolic paraboloid jobson bottom.
Done. 1/8". The concave and vee are pretty subtle. Without putting a straight edge on the board I can barely see them with the shaping lights. Also, even thought there is only 4-5/8" nose and 2" tail rocker, the board does not look low rocketed to me so I decided to leave it, just add the vee.
IMG_6599.JPGIMG_6597.JPG

Last edited:

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
I tried something different today….

I cut the rear tab of a large bonzer 5 runner and put that in the twinzer plug with the Britt Merrick twins. Hangs back maybe 2” behind the leading edge of the mains.

Went really well in very small waves. Hopefully get to run t up in some more solid stuff tomorrow.

image.jpg

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Aaaannnd it fvkcing wails like a banshee. Zero weirdness, it’s all good.

I’m not sure if I’m having a twin/twinzergasm or a fishgasm but I’m pretty sure I’m going to win the world title on this thing.

Fins not at 11 :dancing:
Pretty much the main reason I bought it. Thinking about a centre box for your inline tri as well.

Last edited:

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Huie sent me some bigger canards to test. You'd think they would've made a board stiffer, but b/c of the increased overlap, they loosened it up.
It’s super interesting how these things work.
I tried a similar setup to the bonzer runner years ago, but the back of the runner and front of the main were parallel. When I loaded the rail up at low speed, ie stalling into a barrel or trying to highline from takeoff, the tail would %100 break free and I’d end up sliding around into a 360 (mostly eating sh1t).

Check this out. Some very interesting interpretations of the design. I’m really pumped to try some new angles.

http://instagr.am/p/BAQvTCwvpu8/

336C10A8-C6D2-4A7C-9BA5-A3C20D59232F.png7FB51F56-F14A-4FEF-B3DF-088E0F61EB37.png